33~ Land of tears

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it!! It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. Love isn't practical. It isn't meant to be easy. It doesn't appear on command. You build up all these defences, you build up a whole suit of armour so that nothing can hurt you, and then one stupid person wanders into your stupid life. You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It surfaces neither at the most opportune moment nor in the most convenient. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. Its a soul-heart, a real gets inside you and rips you apart. Pain. I hate love.

"Madam ji agaya appka office "

I was drawn back to reality. I looked around and spotted the office gate. I got down from the auto and paid his fair after which I went into the office, heading towards Nyonika ma'ams room, to hand her over the files.

The office was nearly empty expect a few staff yet again busy with preparations for tomorrow.
.

.

.
The door opened to my knock. I smiled at the peon inside Nyonika ma'ams room and went on in. She was sitting there and was on the phone.

"Yes yes... Its tomorrow... We'd be glad to have you here. " she said and gestured me to sit down.

"Thank you.. Yes... You won't be disappointed " she said finally hanging up and looking at me.

I handed her the files immediately.

" We have 9. 8% profit margin in this " I said pushing the files in her direction.

She went through the files and I could see a smile creeping over her face.

"I guess we have the deal in now!! " she said with a smirk.

"Yes.... I guess... I just hope today's meeting works... "

"Leave that to me honey" she said and kept the files aside.

"And ... Ummmn... Ma'am.... "

"Yes?! " she asked raising her brows.

"Ummmm... This.... This is my resignation letter" I said holding out to her a white envelope. She looked at me for quite a while.

"Nandini.... This is not required"

"Ma'am....."

"I'll talk to Manik if you want... "

"There's nothing to talk about"

"But... "

"Thank you for being there...... " I said gaining all my courage and standing up from my seat.

" I won't stop you... Its your life.. But you have to attend tomorrow's event... "

"Ma'am.. But.. "

"I don't take a no"