23~ Finding Answers

There was one place and person which would keep me at this time of the day.

Abhimanyu.

I rang the doorbell of the house in front of which I stood. I had no other place to go!

"Coming" I heard from inside and finally the door opened.

"Nandini.. Tum?! "

There was a expression both of shock and excitement on his face.

"Can I come in?! " I asked looking down and still holding my cut. My hand was filled with blood and it was paining so much.

"Yaaa.... Ofcourse!! "

I went and sat down on the sofa. I was familiar to the surrounding, having visited it before a lot of times.

"Nandini..... Kya hua?! " asked Abhi.

I looked at him with teary eyes.

"Nandini.... Saab thik hai na?! " he asked as he sat next to me on the sofa.

I hugged him tightly.

"Abhi..... I.... I left"

"Left what?! "

"Mein... Manik ka ghar chor ke aa gayi!! "

"What???!!!!! " he said breaking the hug.

"Nandini.... Stop crying!! " he said, wiping my tears.

I took a deep breath and had the water from the glass he handed over to me.

"Abb batao!! " he said.

I told him the whole story. He looked at me for sometime before he finally spoke.

"Are you sure about this!! "

"Yes Abhi..... He wants the divorce, so be it!! "

" Kuch khaya tumne?! "

"What? "

"Did you eat something ? "

I nodded in negative.

"Accha.. You can stay here... Woh wala room le lo... I have some changes..... I hope you fit in them" he said laughing.

I hit him playfully. He made me smile for the first time in the day.

"Aise hi smile karo samjhi!!... Yeh rotu chehra accha nahi laagta!! " he said making a face.

"Thank you Abhi!! "

"Yeh thank you baad mein bolna... Pehle Kuch kha lo tum! ! " he said getting up and going towards the kitchen.
.

.

.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore the changes he gave me! And unlike he had doubted; I fit in them perfectly. I had bandaged my arm and it fell quite better after I took the painkiller.

"Nandini!! " I heard him call.

"Aa rahi hun..... "

I went outside to the dining area.

" Yeh tumne banaya?! "I asked smiling at the food on the table.

" Abb mere ghar mein toh cook hai nahi... So obvio " he said, scratching the back of his head.

I sat down to eat and surprisingly the food was yummy enough. I ate and ate. It seemed I was hungry for ages!! And at last after 15 minutes I kept the plate aside and drank the water kept there.

I looked at him sitting opposite to me on the table.

"Kya? " I asked.

"Nandini.. You sure about this na?! "