36~ Getting to the bottom of it!

We were startled at the voice. I turned and so did Manik to find Cabir standing there.

"Manik..... " he said entering the house and hugged him tight.

I knew there was no need for my presence anymore so I decided leaving.

I sighed in relief and left the space immediately.

~~~~~~~

Cabir walked inside the hall and hugged me tight. I patted back on his shoulders as a reflex.

"Saab thik hai na?... Kaisa hai tu! " he asked breaking the hug.

"Mujhe kya hoga!! Lekin tu yeha? Aunty kaisi hai?! " I said in a tone of amazement.

"Woh thik hai...." he said with a smile.

"Chal undaarr chal!! " I said and looked where Nandini was standing but, she was gone.

"Wahan kya dekh raha hai? "

"Ayye nahi.. Kuch nahi.. Chal I'll get you a drink"

"Nahi yaar... Aaj radio ka show hai... " he sighed

"Cold drink? " I suggested

"Kuch nahi chahiye.... Mujhe baas tujh se milna tha..... "

"I'm fine Cabir ! " I said plastering a smile.

"Haan woh toh dikh hi raha hai... " he said showing me. I made a face and rolled my eyes.

We headed towards the sofa and sat down next to one another.

"Waise yeh Nandini aise kuyn khari thi? " he asked looking at me. And just when I was thinking he hadn't noticed her, I was proven wrong. I didn't know how to answer that and hence decided keeping a simple and convincing answer.

"Chor na... Usska roz ka drama hai! " I said looking in the direction of her room

"She looked hurt... " he said, concerned.

Hurt! Let me breath. Ha ha ha. Nandini was hurt!! I didn't know whether to laugh at Cabir's statement or throw sarcastic tantrums at it.

"Tune paanch second mein judge kar liya.. Brilliant!! " I said mocking him.

"Tune kuch bola kya usse?? "

"Saale kitne sawal poochta hai!!"

"Kamine .. Pooch issliye raha hun kuyn ki you don't look hurt at all.... All I can see is that anger on your face"

"Cabir.... Tera yeh--" but he cut me off in the middle.

"Tu batayega.... " he asked raising his brows.

"Tu meri girlfriend hai kya!! " I snapped back.

"Haan hun.. Abb bol!! "

"God! "

"Manik... "

"Fine!... Woh kaal puri raat ghar nahi aayi thi and I was worried... And when she came back, I asked her where she was.... So she.... She tells me its none of my business"