6~CHANGES

"I want this room to be sealed within half an hour ... Do you get that!? "

I went out to my own cabin and sat down on the chair.

It was 7:25 .

"Poor Nandini...... She's gonna have so much to do...... Tch tch tch...... Meri wife banogi Murthy........ Let's see how the CHANGES change you"

I couldn't control laughing thinking about the reaction she would have hearing the news Malhotra Industries had for her.

I motioned my chair towards the window , picking up a letter from my desk.

TO,
MRSNANDINI MALHOTRA
It read.

"Let the game begin!!.... Wifey!... "

Just as I was enjoying ,  I heard the door to my cabin burst open.

I motioned back to the door and found her standing there in front of me.

"Manik.... What the hell do you think you are doing!!! " she screamed.

"What am I doing Murthy?! " I asked smiling

"Tumne mera room seal kuyn karaya... "

"Kuyn MATLAB... I had orders from my bosses..... " I teased her.

"Kya matlab?!"

I felt her voice tense with each word. She was already fiddling with her fingers.

"I told you na Nandini..... Mera wife banna hai toh ..... Mehnaat toh karni padegi.... "

I finally stood up ,  holding the letter out to her.

She motioned her hand to get a hold of the document but I had other plans. I pulled back the letter in my direction.
"Well here's a tip..... Waise bhi tumhe itna kaam hai.... Let me make it easier for.... I'll read it... Cool?!... "

She looked at me with a blank expression while I ignored and went on to read the letter clear,  loud and with utmost feelings......

"
To,
Mrs Nandini Malhotra

Malhotra Industries
Bandra 113

29th March 2016,  Tuesday

Ma'am,
This is to hereby inform you about a change in task that shall be conducted from the 29th of March 2016 . You are now appointed as the personal secretary of the CEO of the Malhotra industries, Mr. Manik Malhotra ; along with your current CEO post.
We sincerely believe you would do your job with utmost sincerity.
Thaking You
-Malhotra Industries
"

I looked up from the paper in her direction.

Her face had turned white,  as if she had seen a ghost. Her nails I saw were digging the skin of her hands,  as if trying to drain all the anger out through it.

"Manik......mera cabin kahan hai?! "

"That's all you have Murthy?!.... Tch tch tch..... " I said laughing.

She looked away.

" Bahar jao .... And the room opposite to my cabin is yours.... Well its small... Actually too small.. So I guess you have to A-D-J-U-S-T somehow.... "

Man!! Her face was becoming red with anger and with each passing moment, controlling my laughter was becoming difficult.

"Fine! " she said and turned to leave.

"And Murthy!.... Its sir... Not manik.... And ya.... Bring me a coffee in 10"

She left without a word.

"Yaaar..... Thora toh react karti.....!!.... " I said sitting down back at my place.

"Condition one.... Accomplished... Thank you....... D-A-D..... "

~~~~~~~~~

"Samajh ta kya hai apne app ko!! " I said opening the room to my cabin.

Like are you serious!  This room didn't have accommodation for even two people! There was a wall length window ,  a small desk where barely the pending files I had would fit and then there was a stool!  Not even a chair?!  One lamp,  one tube light and a fan.

My disappointment was growing with every passing second. I regretted having accepted Arav Sirs decision.

I kept my bag on the table and sat down on the stool,  facing not the table but the window. This was the only peaceful part of the room.

I looked out.  There were the roads and the people unlike my previous cabin from where I could see the oceans and everything.

Aiyee appa give me strength.

I put my head down on my lap and wanted to cry but not one drop of tear escaped from my eyes.

I was all absorbed in my disappointment when I heard the door of my room open.

I looked in the direction.

"What the fuck!!.... This... Is your new cabin!!.... Like seriously!! "

Oh thank god!  It was Abhimanyu.

"This is all I have now Abhi! "

He came and sat near to me,  on his knees.

"Don't be sad bestie! "

"Abhi .. Yaar.... What did I even do to him... "

"You married him.. Duh!! "

"Arav sir..... "

I looked down.

"I know... Accha now listen to me... My Nandini isn't so weak okay!.... Yaar I half recovered from my cancer because of you.. All that gyaan you used to give me.. Remember!!..... "

I looked at him and faked a smile.

"Don't give me these fake smiles now!! "

"Abhi ... I just.... This.. This phase. Is very new to me... And dealing with Manik is.. "

I was about to finish when the door to my took burst open.

"What is it that you don't understand Murthy!!! "

I looked at the door and stood up,  so did Abhi.

"Manik.... Woh.. I"

"I TOLD YOU TO GET ME A COFFEE IN 10 MINUTES.... " he said loudly.

"I .... I... I'll get you one. Right now.... "

"Nandini... I ain't tolerating this shit a second time okay!!..... And its SIR!!...... "

He now turned towards Abhimanyu.

"Are you like paid here for wasting time and chatting.. Go work! "

And having shouted he left the room.

I looked at Abhi who was already looking at me.

"I am sorry for that! " I apologized

"Its okay Nandini.... But promise me... You won't break ... And just give me a call whenever you need me..... Promise"

I nodded.

"Promise. "

A/N:
Okay I really hope you guys are enjoying the story. Do drop in your views.
Do vote.
Adiós 😙