27~ Secrets or Regrets?!

I was on time. 6:30 am sharp!
I rang the doorbell , as I stood in front of Abhi's house.

"Coming!!! "

This was his tag that he used whenever he would be on his way to open the door. Not because he wanted the outsider to know that he was coming but the fact that he hated the noisy ring of the bell. "Its so pathetic!! " he mentioned once. So anyways.

Finally the door opened and I found him standing in his PJs.

"Nandini... Come on in!! "

I went inside and sat on the sofa.

"Sorry for the early wake up call...What happened to your leg?? "

"I just slipped" I said lying. I was lying early in the morning. Why o why did I have to do such things at all?!

"Oh... Poor you.... Coffee? "

"Abhi.. To the point please... "

"Coffee? "

Fighting with him and all the more winning over it was just not possible. Not that he bossed around. It was just that he knew, I never took care of myself!!

"Fine!.... Yes.... One spoon sugar" I said. Early morning arguments , that too with my best friend was just not needed!

"I got that ..... "

He made me wait nearly fifteen minutes after which he got both our coffee's. I took a sip. I felt quite refreshed and went on to thank him but he cut me in between.

"There's this thing I want you to see... " he said. His tone was real tense.

I kept the coffee cup on the table and looked at him.

"What is it Abhi? "

"I... That day... I mean.. Yesterday... I... I was not being able to fine this file that I had kept on my desk.... So I searched... But still. I didn't have a trace.... I went on to ask you.. But you had left.... So I asked that.. Security thingy to let me in the CCTV room.. And luckily.... He did!! "

"Okaaaaay.... Then? " I asked raising my brows and taking another sip of the coffee.

"So I was checking the footage and all... When... Ummmn... I... Ummn.. Found something....."

And with that he took out the laptop from the bag beside the sofa , where it was kept. His expressions were worrying me all the more.

"I don't know whether I did the right thing by recording it or not... But.. I thought.. It was important.. For you and ummn.... Ummmn Manik.. To know... "

It was important for Manik to know? What had he recorded!! The suspense was killing me from inside.

"This!! " he said facing the laptop in my direction and the video played.

.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~

My head felt real heavy as I opened my eyes. I looked around and soon realised that I was in the hall, on the sofa. I sat up holding my head in my hands.

"Arrghh!! "

I had drunk too much yesterday. Seemed like my head would burst any moment. I stood up and slowly went up to the kitchen and made my self a lemonade kind of a thing, normally the house help would do that; but now that they were not there I had to do it myself. But I did take a mental note to call them back today itself!