15~ Tables Turn?!

"25 lakhs here........ And sales increased!!........ Done!! "

I closed the power point presentation.
"Thanks goodness..... Main accounts checked... Baki ka I'll finish after I return from Lonavala..... "

I turned off the laptop and look down at those files.

"Yeh mein Manik ke cabin mein hi rakh ke aati hun...... Waise bhi tomorrow I would not be here.... Aur yeh room.. Doesn't seem safe.... "

I got up with those files and stepped outside my cabin.

Like I had expected, I found no one in the hall. It was already 9 pm. But surprisingly I found the door to Manik's cabin open and the lights were on.

I waited outside for Manik to leave his cabin. That took another 15 minutes.

I stood there at one unnoticed corner when the door of his cabin opened and what I saw was absolutely not expected, cause the one who left this cabin at this time wasn't Manik. I was left in kind of a shock and dilemma. I didn't know what to do.

As soon as the individual left I went in his room. It seemed like it was, when my eyes fell on the cupboard.

It seemed the already left was searching something important. And from what I knew all the important files were kept in this area. I looked at those files in my hands.

"Usse yeh files chahiye the!! "

I held the files closer to me and dropped the idea of keeping it in Manik's room and on that note in the office itself.

I went back to my cabin, put those files inside my bag and left for Manik's house.
.
.
.
I looked at my watch still waiting for a transport to hire. It was already 9:45.

"Shit Nandini!!.... You gotta pack your bags for tomorrow!! "

I started walking in the direction of his home. It was nearly 15 mins that I had walked. I was no longer on the main road.

It was a dark road and nearly a 10 minutes walk, before I was on the other end of it. I was half way through when I heard the breaking of a glass. I realized what it was as soon as the noise had caught my ears, I knew waiting and turning back wasn't a good idea.

I walked a few more steps and suddenly there were these two men in front of me. I found them half drunk. I turned back for escape but there was one behind as well.

"Arre madam... Itni raat ko.. Akele... Haan... " I heard one of them say.

"Daar laag raha hoga na.... " said the second.

"Hum chale.... Aapke saath????? " said the third from behind.

This was an absolutely new phase for me. I hadn't seen such happenings before or in that case in real life where I was the victim. My hands were getting colder and I found the men in front of me heading in my direction.

I took a step back and soon realized the third was behind me. I saw one of them holding out his hand to touch my skin.
I shut my eyes in utter disgust and fear. Escape was none.

"Madam.. Akeli kahan hai?! "

I opened my eyes , amazed to the voice. The voice was the ultimate and only rescue at that moment and I knew at once, who my saviour was.

Madhyaam.

And soon I found him holding my hand.

"Kuyn?! " he asked smiling at me and showing the car.

"Kya yaar...... Yeh bhi single nahi hai...!! " said one of those drunkards.

"Kabhi na kabhi toh hogi!! " said the other laughing annoyingly.

Madhyaam pulled me out of there and soon I found myself in his car.

"Nandini you okay!! "

I nodded looking down. Tears had already made their way out of my eyes.

"Hey... Shsshh.... Don't cry!! " he said , wiping my tears away.

"Thank you.... " I said.

"Its okay Nandini..... Don't cry!!"

I wiped off those last tears from my eyes.

"Maddy.. Please don't tell Manik all this.... "

He nodded and handed me a bottle of water from his side of the seat.

"Chalo ... I'll drop you home"

I nodded and looked outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Where the hell is this Murthy... I didn't even tell her come late today!!..... Ussne apne bags bhi pack nahi kiye honge..... "

I walked along the length of my balcony , but there was no sign of this girl.

"She knows this thing is important for me!!..... Issilye she is doing all this! "

I was fed of her. What was her problem and what at all was this Murthy doing 10:30 in the night. Understanding these girls is just not my cup of tea. One that Alya. And second this unwanted person!

I kept walking with all these thoughts when I saw a car stop in front of my house. I stepped a bit behind so that I wasn't noticed.

I saw Nandini step out of the passenger seat and soon I found Madhyaam there too.

They stood in front of the car and were talking when finally I saw Nandini hugging him and Madhyaam curved her lips into a smile. She waved him goodbye and walked in the direction of the front door.

My anger was at the peak level. I have such am important video to shoot tomorrow and this Murthy had to go for her date today itself.

"Madhyaam you are so getting fired the day I return from Lonavala. " I said to myself in anger and gritting my teeth.

I walked out of the balcony and went downstairs via my room.

She was half way through her way towards her room.

I went behind her and nudged her from behind.

She turned immediately. Her face seemed traumatized with my touch. Anyways I ignored those looks and went on with my screaming session.

"What the hell NANDINI!! "

My voice seemed to bring her back to reality. I saw her looking at me blanky.

"Tumhe patah hai na.. I have to go tomorrow..... And unfortunately you too....."

She nodded.

" Don't you have to pack your bags.... Nandini... I don't want a mess tomorrow..and.... "

"I will" she said cutting me in between and left.

I stood there and watched her disappear into the room.

I rolled my eyes and headed back to my room.

A/N:

Do vote and comment.
Adiós 😘