9~ The Butterfly Effect

5:30pm

I switched on my laptop and went through the list of backgrounds Mukti had sent me for our Music launch.

Mukti. She is like a sister to me. Well she was the first one to rag me at school but then slowly we turned out to be thick friends and above all brother and sister. And ya she is Alya's best friend too.

There were just ten days for the recording and yet we were to make three songs. And handling this work, music and top of all the new "Bride! " was becoming hell difficult.

I shut down the laptop frustrated and decided heading back home.
.
.
.

It was around six when I reached home and apparently found the door open.

I looked around. No one. I remembered having fired the maids. So I went upstairs.

I opened the door to the bedroom and to my utter surprise it was so clean. I looked around dreamily.

"Murthy ..... Impressive...... Lekin yeh hai kahan??!! "

I looked around the room just when my ears caught the noise of the water.
I looked at the bathroom door.

"Time for some fun.... Hahaha..... "

I switched off the lights, the room was absolute dark and tiptoed towards the door of the washroom. I waited there for sometime and finally heard her turn off the knob, stopping the flowing water.

Soon the knob of the door turned and as soon as she stepped out I made my move...

"BOOOOOO...... " I shouted.

She screamed and I don't know what she did, pulled me for support I guess and we landed on the floor. She on top of me.

I felt a sudden amazement when I found her on top of . She kept looking at me but didn't once try to get up. This was a different kind of feeling. I had been spending time with Alya but this... This sudden kind of butterfly effect .... this was NEW.
Her eyes... They were nothing like I had seen. So deep. So expressive.
She was looking into mine as if trying to find answers. Answers to questions I knew she feared asking.

She stood up suddenly, breaking my trance.

"Manik yeh Saab kya hai!! "

"What???? "

She went and switched on the lights, blurring my vision for a moment.

I rubbed my eyes and looked in her direction.

"Tumne lights kuyn off ki??? " she asked.

"Tum mere upar kuyn giri!! " I snapped back at her.

"You screamed suddenly"

"Haan toh usska matlab tum mere upar gir jayogi!! "

"Kuch bhi"

I stood up.

"Don't even trying sticking to me... " I said in my defence.

I could see her anger raising.

"And and... What the hell are you doing in my room.... Get the hell out of here... Koi bhi room mein jao... Not this... And take all this shit stuff of yours out from her " I said pointing at her luggage.

"Manik...... These idiotic pranks.... Its lame okay!! "

And with this she took her luggage and walked out if the room.

"Its just the beginning..... Murthy!! " I said laughing and shut the door.

A/n:
Okay I now this update was short.. But these days I barely have time to write.. So guys please cooperate. And ya the next months including April is very crucial for me so expect irregular updates. I have my joint exams till June. But I'll try to update when ever I get time.
Please continue loving the story.
I shall be back soon.
Adiós 😘