25~ Falling for the wrong (A)

"Communicate.... Even when it's uncomfortable and uneasy. One of the best way to healis simply getting out everything...... "

I looked up from my files and found Abhi standing in front of me,  while the door shut behind him.

"Abhi!! " I said faking a smile.

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day thinking about.... "

I raised my brows. What was he even saying?!

"Abhi what is it?! "

"You tell me!! " he said sitting down with a big smile on his face.

Everyone liked these riddle games it seemed. And what on earth was wrong with him now??  First,  he was speaking I don't know what and second he was smiling; which, was all the more perturbing.

I deadpanned,  "What?! "

"Yeh tum kya kar rahi ho?! " he asked showing me the files.

"Oh these.... " I said closing them as fast as possible .

"Yes..... The ones you are closing.... " he said showing his teeth.

"Kaam hai mera... I work here... Bhool gaye? " I said diverting the topic.

"Ohhhh... I see... You work here for doing Manik's files too?! "

He knew? How did he know!! I had not uttered a word about this to anyone!!

"What ... No!! " I said looking away.

"Nandini.... I understand.... " he said looking at the files.

"But there's one thing I really don't  understand.... " he said looking back at me.

I looked at him and he spoke again.

"I don't understand what is the need of doing these files....you have no feelings for him and yet you take the burden!! " he said crossing his legs and adjusting himself on the seat.

"Because he wouldn't finish them himself!! " I said and bit my tounge.

"So??  why do you care?! "

"Cause its the company's matter... This deal is important...and... " but he cut me off in between.

"You could have told Nyonika ma'am to give you the files.. But you didn't.. Did you? "

Wait a second!  Was he like stalking me!! And why?!

"Abhi... How do you know all this.... "

"I assure an answer to that question...but first you gotta answer my question...!  " he said,  keeping his hands on the table.

"I told you.... Its only for the Malhotra industries.... " I said and looked down at those files.

There was silence for quite sometime. I didn't want him to ask me any more questions ,  because frankly,  I knew I wouldn't have answers to those either. And added to that,  maybe for the first time I wanted Abhi to leave.