20~ Did he care or did he not?!

"Manik.... When will she go? "

I took a sip from my cup of coffee and looked at Alya who sat next to me on the sofa, inside my cabin.

"Baby... I'll make her leave soon"

She was about to say something when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said.

My freaking life! She was again at the wrong place at the wrong time. What does she want now?!

"Manik I need to go back home.... "

I looked at her and then at Alya. Nandini was so dead. I knew it. Alya would chew her up and that is what exactly happened.

"I... " but Alya cut me in between. I saw her standing up and talking her steps in Nandini's direction.

I kept the coffee cup aside and prepared myself for the high voltage drama.

"Ahhhh... What's the hurry babe?! " asked Alya to Nandini. I saw Nandini taking a step back as she said she had some work.

"Work..... What work?! "

"That's personal... " she said blankly. And that was it. I hid my face under my hands, which were folded and resting on my knees and shook my head.

"Personal!! " Alya said copying her.

"Yes... " she said looking sternly at her.

And no sooner had she said that , this is what happened next.

Splash!!

I looked in their direction.

Alya threw nearly the whole of her coffee on Nandini. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. People talked about girl fights and today I witnessed one!! (Finally)

I found Nandini looking at me , when my eyes fell on her skin. They were red. Shit! She must have got hurt.

"Alya.... How dare!! " said Nandini trying to wipe off hot coffee from over her.

"How dare you Nandini.... Don't you even dare cling to Manik , do you understand...... Just get the hell out of his life ! " she said literally screaming out her lungs.

"Alya.... " I said, standing up.

"Don't Manik!! " she warned me, showing me her hand.

"And you.... Just get the bloody hell out of here.... And ya... Next time.. Coffee isse bhi zyada hot hogi!! " she said giving Nandini a devilish smirk.

Nandini left without a word.

She turned towards me finally.

"What was that!!?? " I asked her keeping the most unbelievable tone as possible.

She kept her mug on the table and picked up her bag.

"Get her out Manik, I'm telling you before I actually murder her!! " she said with a tone of declaration and walked out of the space.

God!! Damn damn damn. I was cursing myself for even stopping by here. Alya is so loosing it these days. I gotta take control of the situation. Nandini........ You....!!.... Arrrgh...

.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rushed to the washroom. My skin was burning with that coffee.

I started applying cold water from the basin on my neck and the places where the coffee fell.

"Manik bhi pagal hai.. Usski girlfriend bhi pagal hai!" I said angrily.