31~ Alone?!

Walking out of that house I really didn't know where to go. Driving wasn't an option since I was bit too much distracted so I started walking. I looked down at the road and at my legs - left right left right they went and soon I increased my pace. Tears had already made their way out. Yes! I Manik Malhotra was crying for real!!

It was nearly a 20 minutes walk I guess when I finally realised the ground below me was soft unlike the asphalt road. I stood there facing the sea, taking in its freshness with each breath and after sometime I found myself a suitable and lonely place out there.

I looked into the distant and finally closed my eyes. I knew all those moments I had with Alya would come back but none did. It was just blank! Pitch black. I opened my eyes to regain vision of the sea in front of me. The saline breeze kept striking my face but I didn't bother to complain about it. It felt , even the sea tried to calm me down, the breeze placed kisses like a mother who cared for her son and I on the other hand sat there and started realising facts.

There's a subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul. Love doesn't mean leaning and depending upon somebody and ; company doesn't mean security. Being materialistic in love is never an option. Kisses aren't contracts and gifts aren't promises.
And I began to accept my defeat,  not with the grief of a child but with the grace of an adult. With my head up and eyes open. I had to build all my roads today , because tomorrow's grounds were too uncertain for plans. Yes! I had to change. I to change for good. I didn't need anyone for my survival. I had my music! Music would heal the way.

~~~~~~~

It was nearly 8 in the evening. Manik wasn't home yet. I had finished off with those files and decided handing them over to Nyonika ma'am myself. She had seen the CEO room video too and all knew that I was working on it,  so precisely the hide and seek game was over.

I left the door open and relaxed on the sofa, facing the white ceiling above me. I clutched the leather of the sofa and tried to drain out all that had accumulated into me,  I wanted to stop thinking about stuff but I ended up , thinking even deeper. What was I even doing!! What was happening to me?! Why couldn't I just be the same old Nandini!!? Why did I have always end up caring and feeling for people, this time being my biggest mistake? Why?!

I was absolutely consumed with all these thoughts. My brain denied to give up thinking this time when I heard the door bell ring.

I eased out and slowly stood up facing the door.

"Evening.... Advocate Sanaya here! " said a slim and beautiful woman dressed in a baby pink knee length dress.

I smiled at her and soon she entered the house.

"Papers are ready?! " I asked looking down at the carpet.

"Yes.... Ummmn... But one last time... This is a very important decision.... Breaking such a bond could actually--"

" The marriage was just a deal... There's no love... Nothing..... The papers please... " I said holding out my hands in front of me.

"Just a second! "

She bent down to take out the papers and as she did I saw another figure standing there at the door. My eyes widened on his presence.

Manik.

He walked inside and looked at me. His face was blank. His eyes were red.

I was just hoping he hadn't heard the conversation. Not that I expected him to stop me or something.

Sanaya took out the papers from her bag and luckily those were covered in an envelope.

"There" she said

"Office papers" I said looking at him and taking the envelope from her.

He gave me a whatever look and walked away, upstairs.

I sighed and looked back at the advocate.

"Husband...? " she asked raising her brows.

I nodded.

"I'll take your leave"

I didn't look up to see her exit. I was quite bust stopping my tears. The white envelope had already turned grey with the downpour. I closed my eyes shut and took in a deep breath.
.

.

.

I couldn't sleep. And precisely how could I even sleep!? I wanted to check on Manik. I just wanted to see he was okay. And so I did.

My leg still hurt from the sprain but nevertheless, this was something important. I somehow managed upstairs and peeked inside the room. Surprisingly he wasn't there. I stepped inside. The room was just like the way I had cleaned it in the morning. No broken glass, fallen books. I looked around , when suddenly my ears caught the sound of the flush . The door the washroom unlocked and Manik stepped out the next moment.

He sighed. I had thought he would scream at me but to my surprise he didn't. He went on to the dressing table and combed his hair.

"Manik..... "

He didn't respond. Aiyeaapa what was wrong with him. But then why was I trying to even make a conversation, I just had to check whether he was okay or not. I looked at him one last time before I decided leaving. He was still busy with himself. Fine then!! I turned to leave when finally he called. Seemed like I was in a  desperation to hear my name from his mouth.

" Nandini  "

I turned around and found him coming close to me,  and the next moment he pulled me into a hug.

" When poison becomes a habit, it ceases to injure..... Make your soul gradually acquainted with death "

I had tears rolling down from my eyes. I broke the hug and faced him. But he had a straight look put up on his.

" Manik.... Tum thik ho na" I asked

"Tumhe kya farak padhta hai.. "

I didn't know how to answer his questions. They were so much more tougher than those maths problems I used to solve.

I nodded in a negative and sighed within stepping back.

"Kuch der byathogi mere saath?! " he asked looking straight at me.

That took me by surprise.
Why was he so difficult to understand?!

A/N:
Do comment and vote.
Adiós 😘