11~ Conscience betrays guilt

I was completely prepared and mentally alert when I finally reached Manik.

"Mera coffee kaab milega mujhe! "

He looked at me without any expression, absolutely blank.

"Sorry.... 5 minutes... "

"Be there..... "

He left.

This was odd. He didn't scold me?!
Aiye appa yeh thik toh hai! He didn't behave rudely with me. Like I had never seen this side of Manik. But I knew it wouldn't last for long. Having over heard his and Nyonika ma'ams convo in the morning , I knew I would be in a mess soon. I knew whenever he was questioned about his music , it hurt. It hurt him bad.

.
.
.

I entered with his coffee in his cabin.

I found him walking up and down the length of his room , talking to someone over the phone.

"Yes Cabir...... Arre yaar... She doesn't care about that deal... and those people.. They'll be here by the end of the week..... And I have no idea how to... And how the hell will we make three songs in ten days.... "

He kept on saying the same thing.

"Sir appka coffee.... " I finally said.

He signalled me to keep it on his table. I did so.
I turned to leave but he held my hand.
I looked at his grip and then at him.

He finally hanged up, kept his phone back in his blazer and turned his gaze towards me.

He held on to my hand as he spoke.

"You ain't returning home before 10 tonight"

I freed my hand from his grip.

"Excuse me?! "

"Mere friends aayenge... And I don't want any trouble!! " he said.

"Manik.... You have lost it.... Mein kahan jaungi till 10!! "

"That's your look out... Waise bhi woh tumhara kya... Madhyaam hai.... Go to his place.... Stay the night there if you want.... But don't you enter before 10!! "

Now I realized why he was polite out there. Like what stupid plans. His friends are coming, so what am I supposed to do!! And like seriously he thinks I am going to spend my time with Madhyaam.

"Manik... I am not"

He pulled me by my arm, closer to him. I tried to free myself yet again but his grip on my skin we t on to be more firm.
His fingers hurt badly.

"Listen Nandini...... I have songs to make.... And agar tum wahan rahi.. Neither of my friends will tolerate that.. I have promised them no disturbance.... So just don't... "

I looked at him. I had guessed it right. He yet again wanted to show his superiority against Nyonika. His eyes were burning with anger and I realised opposing this could actually turn out bad.

He left me with a jerk.

I looked at him and then at those files on his desk.

He waited for an answer but I delivered none. He yet waited for few more seconds, rolled his eyes and left the space.

I stood there all alone yet thinking what do to about this new issue.

I looked around the room and soon again my eyes caught those files on his desk.

I went through one of the file.

"Aiye appa... This boy has 27 to dos!!! "

I closed the file , kept it back in place and stood there with my hands folded to my chest.

I knew he couldn't finish those files and the Saxena Industries would be coming to invigilate and sign the deal by next Monday, that left exactly seven days!

I soon realised Nyonika ma'ams point. And she shouting and yelling at Manik in the morning was justified.
Having known Manik and Nyonika's relation, I knew Manik wouldn't do those files and even if he did he wouldn't even finish half and if this deal slipped out of our hands, it would cost us loads.
And hence finally there wasn't any option left. So I decided finishing those files myself.

~~~~~~~~~

"Yes Multi my place... We'll try to figure out what can be done........... Arre no... I have asked her to stay out of the house.... But please haan don't be late..... Bye... "

I hanged up and walked straight out of the building.

I needed some time off. Handling so many things would really be tough and I knew that well. For now I kept music on top and decided those files and Murthy could wait.

I walked down the Marine drive and finally found a suitable place for me by the shore.

I sat there listening to the waves. They broke on the sand and again swept back into the water body. Seas always amazed me. I had memories. Loads of them. They kinda soothed me from inside.

I took in a deep breath and finally closed by eyes when something unusual happened.

I opened my eyes in shock , took a deep breath yet again and closed my eyes again.

The same thing played in front of my eyes.

"Nandini"

Was she affecting me already?! Why was I seeing her and not Alya! And not fab five for that case?

Our conversions a few minutes back kept on playing. I knew I had hurt her. But I was not a bit sorry for that. Being rude was necessary. After all she had ruined my life.

I tired keeping those thoughts aside. But they wouldn't go.

Her face wincing in pain when I held her arms kept playing in front of my eyes. There seemed to grow a sudden guilt.

I sat there for some more time , staring into the distance, trying to view as far as possible and finally decided to apologize.

~ Conscience betrays guilt ~

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoyed reading 😁.
Do comment and vote 😃.
Adiós 😘