10~ It Goes On

I moved in to a room far away from his, provided all other rooms were locked. It seemed he had planned it all. Nevertheless I found it more suitable to stay here than with that Monster.

The room was comparatively small but peaceful. There was one single bed and even though my height wasn't much, I knew I wouldn't fit in it. It was so small. There was the washroom attached to it. And also the other stuff. One dressing arena, one bedside table and there was a window too, though the scenery wasn't like the previous one but anyways.

*The new room*

*The new room*

I kept my stuff at their respective places and freshened up. I had no hope for food cause I knew if I stepped out of this room I had to see his face and most importantly the day was a mess so I read some lines from that special book before I laid down on the bed.

"Life never stopped, no matter what happened, it never stopped. It forced us to move on and fight, when all we wanted to do was give up and fall. Life never stopped and it never allowed to stop and that fills us with both grief and gratitude"

I stared blankly at the white ceiling and then at the fan which went round and round at a constant speed.
I seemed to be draining out of energy. The surroundings seemed to fade away and soon I was lost in my dream arenas.
.
.
.

I didn't know for how long I slept. But nevertheless it felt good. I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes when suddenly
my eyes fell on the clock.

7:15am

Holy crow! I had fifteen minutes to reach work. I hurriedly dressed up and left.

7:45am

I ran inside the building. I was 15 minutes late for the first time.

I saw Joy looking at me in surprise.
I smiled at him and left for my cabin.

The lift door opened to my floor and I stepped out. I started walking towards my room when I heard shouts from Manik's cabin. I recognised the other voice to be Nyonika ma'ams.