Chapter 9

David's POV 

I went upstairs and in to my sister's room. She was asleep, as she always was when I came home from school. That was all she did these days. 

It all began three weeks ago when her boyfriend Andy left her. I didn't know why, just that he left. He called every day but she refused to talk to him. She was now so deep in a depression that she didn't even left the bed. 

Just another thing that proved that people sucks. I had realized that the day my parents got murdered. I had then stopped speaking as a protest against people in general. They wasn't worth my words. 

The anger towards Andy I felt filled all of me when I saw Liz like that. She had made it through our parents death, she'd survived that but this made it all too much for her to handle. She was left all alone again. 

Ella didn't do the whole thing better either. The hate she had towards Liz was so obvious. She was always complaining about the things Liz did… even though it wasn't much anymore. And all that because didn't look like everyone else or listened to the same music or had the perfect behavior. But I was proud of my sister. She had the guts to show everyone who she was, to be different. If someone said something to her she always made sure that the person would regret that. There was also times when she'd helped me through some situations like that. 

I hurt me to see how she was now. How unhappy she was. 

I heard someone open the front door. I walked down to see who is was, Emma. She put her bag on the floor next to the door and took off her jacket.

"Is she awake?" she asked and I shook my head in answer. 

She sighed and went upstairs to her room. It was hard for Emma not to have Liz around. Liz was Emma's other half just as Emma was Liz's. They'd done everything together and always told each other everything. They didn't even spoke anymore. 

To constantly be quiet had made me more aware about the surroundings. I could read people really easy. With just a look did I know what kind of person it was and what mood they had. I could its and just look at people for hours without getting bored. 

I walked to the living room but turned around when I was that Liza and Ted was there. 

They didn't like us and we didn't like them. We avoided each other as much as possible. I went upstairs instead. 

Liz's POV

I woke up when someone shut a door closed. Probably Emma. I checked the time, 5:30 pm. I'd been asleep the whole day.

That was all I did these days. Life felt so meaningless now that I didn't want to do anything else. In my sleep could no one hurt me… no one could leave me. And if someone did was it only a dream that I would wake up from. The fact that Andy left wasn't something I could wake up from. He was gone. 

We hadn't officially broken up but I refused to talk to him. He had just left without even given it a thought about how I felt. He was traveling around in the country, living his dream while I was stuck here in my own hell. 

I looked on my phone. Three missed calls and one text. Two of the calls and the text was form Sammi. The last call was from Andy. He called me every day even though I never answered. I didn't want to talk to him. 

I read the text from Sammi. 

It's been three weeks, where are you? I'm starting to get worried for you. Please call me, she wrote. 

Wow three weeks already? Or only three weeks? It felt like it was a hundred years ago Andy left but at the same time it felt like it was only yesterday. 

That was when I realized that I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't just lay here and feel sorry for myself. Nothing would be better if I didn't try to make things better. 

I got up from the bed and changed clothes. I took an Avenged Sevenfold shirt and black skinny jeans. I did my hair and make-up before I went downstairs. 

I heard voices form the dining room. The whole "family" was there and ate dinner. They looked at me like I was a ghost or something. 

"Wanna join me outside Emma?" I asked. 

She didn't answer, just ran over to  me and hugged me.