Ch. 4: Beautiful Monster

Ashley's P.O.V

Today was Marcel's one month anniversary since he passed away. I literally have cried myself to sleep this whole month. When my mum told me the news, I locked myself in my room and spoke to no one, I even ended up at the hospital since I wouldn't eat. These past 2 weeks my best friends have been their for me, trying to get me out of the house to make me laugh, which they did, but it wasn't the same anymore. A spot in my heart felt empty, and today my heart was crying...calling out for Marcel.

"Ashley?" Caitlin said, snapping her fingers at me, returning me to reality.

"Babe, you look awful. Did you get any sleep after the movies last night?" She asked.

"Uhhh.....yea. " I lied.

"OMYGOSH SO WARM BODIES WAS ADORABLE!" Caitlin fangirled.

"I KNOW!" Aphrodite squealed.

I have to admit, Warm Bodies was a good movie and one of my favorites since last night, but it was a love story, and I'm not digging love right now.

"Omygosh! Do you remember the part when Julie went back home and they were talking about R?" Jade squealed.

"Yes!" Caitlin yelled.

"So....you miss him? Like...your attracted to him?...Like...he can be your boyfriend....your zombie boyfriend?" Jade said, blushing, mimicking the movie, making me burst out in laughter.

"I loved that part! And when they give him the makeover!" I said, as I began to lean on my locker.

"And when the song Midnight City by M83 begins to play! My love moment!" Aphrodite exclaimed.

"Nicholas Hoult! HE'S HOT! I'd marry him! " Caitlin continued fangirling.

"I thought you said you loved Niall?" Jade teased.

"Rewind! Scratch the Nicholas Hoult part, Niall is my true love, HE'S SUPER HOT! HE'S PERF!" Caitlin nearly yelled.

As the girls continued talking about the irish boy Niall, I began to space out again, staring at nothing in particular, just thinking, daydreaming that Marcel was here with me, embracing me, kissing me like he always did. His words pierced into my mind again, the same one's I kept replaying over and over again every second.

"If anything ever happened to me, and if I died.....I'd find a way to come back. Heaven Can Wait. "

"I thought you said you'd come back. Where are you? You promised." I thought to myself.

All of a sudden a deep raspy voice interupted my thoughts, bringing me back into my miserable reality.

"ASHLEY! ASHLEY! WAIT! ASH!..... ASH!"

I quickly jerked around to the sound of my name, my nickname.....'Ash'....Marcel was the only one who called me that.

"Marcel?" I gasped as I looked out straight ahead of me, searching for a boy with gel'd hair and glasses.

But he wasn't there. I have no idea what I expected to see, but all I saw were the same classmates walking down the halls to class, the only thing diffrent this time was a muscular boy, with brown wavy hair and a tattoo in his arm, yanking another boy with brown curly hair. Ok?

"Ashley?!" I heard Jade yell.

"Hmm?" I mumbled as I turned back to look at my best friends.

"What did you just say?" Caitlin asked, worried.

"Nothing. "

"She said Marcel. " Aphrodite said.

I shot Aphrodite a death glare.