Ch. 5: Here We Go Again

Ashley's P.O.V

As everyone began to pair up with their partners, I sat their quietly looking down at my fidgeting fingers. As I began to space out again, for the thousanth time today, I didn't realize when someone occupied the seat beside me. I looked up to see Harry staring at me intently, indecisive of what to say.

"Hello love." he finally said with a grin. "I'm Harry. "

"Ashley."

"Pleasure to meet you. "

"Yea...... If you think I'll be doing all the work for the project-" I spat before Harry interupted me.

"Whoah....who said you'll be doing all the work?" He asked innocently.

"No one, but knowing you and the type of guy you are-"

"The type of guy I am?"

"Yes."

"What type of guy am I love?" Harry smirked.

"You're a popular, despicable, conceited, self centered, flirt, pretty boy who thinks you can have everything your own way with your charms, swooning all the girls in this school." I spat.

"That hurts. " Harry let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Is that what you think of me?"

I sat there quietly not knowing what to say next, besides knowing he was already getting on my last nerve.

"I'm not, just trust me. "

An awkward silence filled the gap between us.

"I'm back. " I heard him mumble.

"What?" I asked.

"Hmm..nothing! So the project! Any ideas?" He said rapidly and nervously as he almost fell of his chair.

"Umm? I got nothing. It takes me a while to think of something good. "

"That's alright babe, I think I have an idea. "

"Oh really? And what is it?" I asked curiously.

"Uhh, how about the story of two lovebirds, soulmates, however you want to call them, who loved each other so much it's even hard to define, a boy and a girl who were inseperable, until one day......the young teen boy, our age, dies........" Harry's little story truly had me intrigued, for some reason it got me, creating my heart to skip a beat.

"So he goes to heaven, or something like that." He continued as he chuckled to himself. "And doesn't accept himself staying their, which angers the angels and he ends up getting locked out of heaven, so he comes back...to reunite with his love."

As Harry finished speaking, a chill ran down my body, and I tried to swallow the hard lump in my throat. I was beginning to feel nervous. Harry looked at me intently, shooting me a cheeky smile.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"Sounds as if you were locked out of heaven." I said quietly, although it was a great idea but I wasnt going to admit it to him.

"Something like that. " Harry grinned.

"Well then.....have you ever been in love, sure sounds like you have. "

"I don't think you can really define love, but if this is a yes or no answer, my answer is a yes. "

A pang of jealousy hit me out of nowhere, the fact that Harry had set his eyes on someone already, and that some girl owned his heart annoyed me for an unknown reason.

"Who's the girl?" I asked annoyingly.

"She's.......nearby, almost as if..... she were sitting right in front of me. "