Ch. 6: Waiting For A Girl Like You

Harry's P.O.V

I stood their on stage both happily and nervously. I felt content with my acting, and I was obviously good to be assigned as Drew, as for Ashley, she was my Sherrie. No matter what the angel's said, seems like they can't change destiny. I'm meant to be near her, be with her, no matter what. We're inseperable.

"Duet?" I heard Ashley ask.

"Oui! This is a MUSICAL! And Drew and Sherrie have a few duets in the movie! So chop chop back on stage!" Madame said cheerfully as her eyes glittered in excitement at what was to come.

"But.....I don't know how to sing. Atleast not in front of anyone." I heard Ashley say as a frown appeared on her face.

"Neither do I. " I exclaimed.

I honestly didn't. I knew the lyrics of the songs in the movie by heart, since I've seen it several times, the movie me and Ashley used to watch together all the time, yet I've never actually sang.

Madame turned to look at both of us, a smirk crossing her face.

"Well, it's never to late to try! I'll be the judge of that." Madame practically sang, as she handed us new sheets of papers with the lyrics of the song we were about to sing. I looked down at the paper titled 'Ive Been Waiting For A Girl Like You. ' One of my favorite songs, everytime this scene came up I'd sneak a quick kiss on Ashley's lips. The thought made me crack a smile. I looked up at Ashley who looked nervous, as she stared at her paper. I reached out to grab her hand, causing her to flinch a little, but didnt object as I entwined my fingers with hers.

"You can do this, you know this song. I'm here. " I whispered as I grinned at her.

The look she gave me was unexplainable. It was a small moment we finally had as relief brushed off any trace of nervousness she had, and returned a smile, as her eyes bore into mine.

"READY CHILDREN!?" Madame yelled from her seat, amusement in her voice, causing Ashley to loose her grip on me. 

I looked straight ahead of me, noticing all eyes were on us now, including my new mates who used to be my enemies, Zayn and Niall. The familiar music began to play, filling up the room, the notes reaching my mind. Suddenly I felt a great power fill and run through my body, all the way up to my throat, in need for me to sing, pleading for me to open my mouth to say the first line.

"So long.....I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too long. " I sang as the music flowed out of me.

"Sometimes l don't know what I will find.....I only know it's a matter of time...When you love someone....when you love someone. " I continued singing as I looked out to my audience.

"It feels so right, so warm and true, I need to know if you feel it too. " Ashley's voice rang beautifully through the theatre room, running chills down my body. 

I had no idea she could sing that way, I dont think anyone did.

"Maybe I'm wrong......Won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong?" I finally sang, walking toward Ashley with a cheeky smile.

"This heart of mine has been hurt before, this time l wanna be sure. " She sang harmonically, her voice matching with mine, as she blushed at my actions.

"I've been waitin' for a girl like you.....To come into my life, I've been waitin' for a girl like you, A love that will survive. " I sang loudly as I reached out my hand towards Ashley, taking it and placing it on my heart.

"I've been waitin' for someone new.....To make me feel alive!" She sang, our bodies drawing ourselves near each others, forgetting people were watching.