Ch. 12: Stupid Love

Ashley's P.O.V

"I'm not Zayn. I'm Javadd Malik. Zayn's twin brother."

My mouth fell wide open in disbelief. 

Twin brother? Zayn had a twin? What?

"Uh, you okay?" The tan boy asks, yet I still stood there without uttering a single word. "Hello? Stranger?" He continues, this time waving his hand in front of my eyes breaking me from my trance. 

"Hm?" I blink. "Oh yea! I'm GREAT! Never been better!" I smile sarcastically.

"You're a weird one." He chuckles. 

"WEIRD? ME? I, SIR AM NOT WEIRD!" I point a finger at him. "I just so happen to bump into someone who's identical to another person I know."

"Is that a bad thing?" He questioned, his hazel eyes boring into mine.

"I'm not very fond of your brother." I snapped.

"You're not the first." He chuckles. "But why is that?"

"It's complicated." I brush off. "So where have you been all this time?"

Javadd looks down at the ground as if questioning on rather telling me about himself, meanwhile I observed him closely. I know he's exactly like Zayn, but goodness, something about him seemed to draw me into him and I had no idea why, and to be honest it pissed me off.

"Look, forget I even asked. It's nice meeting you, but I've got to get going. Goodbye lad." I say quickly, turning on my heel and walk away as quickly as possible. 

"Wait, don't go." I heard him plead and for the second time in a row, I turn back to look at him. "Would you like some hot chocolate? My treat, what do you say?"

Surprisingly I didn't object and simply nodded as I sat down on a chair outside the cafe as I saw him order us some drinks inside. After a couple minutes, Javadd came back with our drinks, handing me mine with a smile. I held the cup with my cold hands, embracing it's warmth.

"Are you cold?" Javadd asked with concern.

"A little, but I'm fine. My name's Ashley by the way." I smiled, as I took a sip of my hot chocolate. "Thank you for the hot chocolate. It's my favorite drink here."

"No problem. I figured it would be the only way I can keep you long enough to stay." He smirks, causing me to blush. "You're a cute one."

"Thanks." I mutter awkwardly, taking another long sip of my drink.

"Well, at age thirteen I left to California to live with my aunt in the U.S. I wanted to get out of Bradford. I was sick of the place. I wanted something different. My mum had Zayn, Doniya, Safaa, and Waliyha anyway. I figured it wouldn't matter, I was a disappointment to my family. I got myself together though, disciplined myself, became independant and now I'm back, at Cheshire."

"Wow." Is all I was able to utter out. I honestly didn't know what to say to a case like this. "Zayn never mentioned you."

"Yeah, I know." He says. 

"Sorry." I said shamefully.

"It's all good. I have no regrets. How about you Ashley. Tell me something about yourself." 

"What do you want to know?" I eye him carefully.

"Anything."

"I like the color blue." I say simply. 

"Good enough." He laughs. "I now know you're a girl named Ashley, who knows my brother Zayn, loves the hot chocolate here, and likes the color blue."