CHAPTER 16 (This is WAR!)

Haru's PoV

-Flashback-

"You know what, Haru-chan?"
"Hmm?"
"A lot has changed since you came...the family's never been so lively. I've got to thank you"
"Eh? I didn't even do anything special"
He smiled "Wouldn't it be fun if the whole family got out of this city?"
"I'm not so sure about that, Mika-san. Hasn't the outside world got infected by the virus?"
"Just think, we would be free by our own, no more vampires to harm our siblings; don't you think that's fun?"
"I guess it is...the whole family..."
"Well, I better get busy then!"
"Busy?"
"It's nothing, come, the others are waiting"

-End of Flashback-

'But it didn't happen like Mika said. The outside world isn't a paradise either, Mika-san'
"Guren send us a mission, he said to go to the intersection of West Shinjuku 5th Street, fighting vampires main forces. He needs us ASAP"
"But you know what we're going to do first, right?"
"Let's go search for the others"
...
"Don't we have the Extermination Unit there?"
"Only four members of the Extermination Unit, and they're young kids!"
We heard a conversation from a tent
"Hey, hold on. When you said the Extermination Unit, did you mean the Moon Demon Company?" Yuu asked
"Huh? Um, I don't know. Who are you guys?"
"The four that you mentioned are two guys and two girls?"
"Y-yes, that's right"
"Where are they fighting at?"
"Sh-Shinjuku Central Park"
Me and Yuu share stares
"We'll go over there. Send the squads to the defense line, OK? Let's go, Haru!"
...
"There! It's the Shinjuku Central Park!"
The four were struggling; I guess they've been fighting for long. Kimizuki left his back open, I jumped in and defended
"Haru!"
"Haru?"
"Don't look away, Mitsuba" Yuu killed the vampire next to Mitsuba

It looks like the enemies are finished.
"What are you two doing here?" Kimizuki approached Yuu
"What do you mean? I heard you were in a terrible pinch so we came to help"
"No one asked. Anyway, the mission was to regroup at the defense line...You said that"
"I know that. I know that, but..."
"But what? Don't tell me you thought we'd die in a place like this...You need to trust us more..."
"But, Kimizuki...you were about to have got killed. I'm sorry we're not sorry. But, if it does happen again, we'll come, forever..."
"Don't do the same thing again"
"It's not that I don't trust you guys, but we're coming"
Kimizuki sighed
"We forgot that you two siblings are hard-core idiots"
"It doesn't matter what or how much you say, Kimizuki. You can't fix stupid"
"Actually, the more you say it the more stupid they get"
"You guys"
"OK, everyone, since the rain has stopped, shall we go?"
"OK, let's go! We're going to kill vampires!"
...
'I think today's the day, hurry up, Haru...someone's waiting for you...'
'I don't know what you're talking about, Daitan...but, I'll need your power, so help me'
'All I've been doing is helping you, now go; increase your speed'
We're nearly there, I could see Guren
"Not good! Lieutenant Colonel Guren is...!"
"Everyone, please take your pill! We'll save Lieutenant Colonel and retreat!"
I popped in a pill "Let's go!"

"GUREN!"

He got pierced right in the chest "What are you doing to Guren?!"
"Another human...so annoying"
I ran and stabbed the vampire. I looked up and saw- eyes widened 'M-Mika...san...'
"Y-you're..."
"H-Haru..."
"What are you doing?! Activate the curse now and kill him, Haru!"
"What?"
"Hurry up!"
"Huh, but..."

Guren grabbed his sword. Mika- the vampire fled back. I receive a slap "What the hell?! Why didn't you kill him?!"
"Huh? Uh, um..."
He fell to his knees, his hand covering his mouth; he was coughing up blood "H-hey, are you okay?!"
"Stop your stupid worrying! Just look forward, brat! This is a battlefield!"
"Idiot Haru, what were you doing?! You could've killed him just now! Why didn't you activate the curse?!"
"Haru, what's wrong?"
"Yuu...Mika is...Our family is...with the vampires..."

He looked over at the vampire that I had 'nearly' killed. He couldn't believe himself "Hey, are you Mika?!"
"Mika...Mika...y-you're really Mika!"
"Haru...Yuu..."
"Wow, look at that cute reaction. It's been a while since I saw Yuichiro and Haru Hyakuya. No wonder you're attached. What an unexpected, faithful reunion. I'm almost in tears. So, what now? They're probably being used by the humans"
"I'll save them, of course"
"From the hands of the ugly humans?"
"Yes"
"But they're humans, too. Humans will never become our friends. Oh, I know. Then, just like Krul did to you, I can turn them into vamp-"
"I'll kill you if you lay a hand on them"
"I'm just kidding. It's not like you to get all fired up. Well then, shall I lend a hand? I'll stop the other humans, so you go save your precious angels"

I don't know what's going on over there, but, Mika...why? And...how?
"Alright, let's do it then. Let's kill off all humans except for the two"
The vampires from before had came "Oh, Crowley. I've been waiting for you"
"Dammit, more nobles, this is it..." Guren stood "Everyone! Prepare to retreat!"
"W-wait a minute! Mika, my family's over there!" I pointed "So...so we can't retreat!"
"Then you want everyone killed here?"
"Haru...for now...we..."
...
"Retreat! Keep your formation and retreat to the second defense line!"
A noble stopped our tracks "I won't let you get away"
"YOU!" My body stiffen up, red blood boiling. This...this bastard is the reason why my family's dead!

I didn't know what to do other than kill and fight! All this anger! This burden that had been inside me! "You! You!"
"Haru!"
"Tsk, brat"
"Lieutenant Colonel?!"
"Fast, but you're still young"

Guren intercept. He was kicked away, he hit a post. "Guren!" I swung my blade, the noble dodged and I
almost hit Guren. "Behind you!"
"First, let me get a taste of-" Mika cut off the noble's arm "Don't be so upset. It was just a little joke"
"Mika-san"

I backed away until I lose balance and hit flat on my bottoms. He unsheathe his sword "Haru-chan, leave behind everything and escape with me"
"Huh? What do you mean escape? Anyway, why are you with that vampire?!"
"Never mind that!"
He went behind me and lifted me up bridal-style "Haru!" Yuu followed
"Hey! Hold on! Stop playing, Mika! Explain what's going on!"
"The humans will use both of you, so-"
"Just shut up and stop! That's enough!"

I landed on top of a gasoline station "Humans will use me? What does that mean? Aren't you..."
He looked away
"A-aren't you human anymore? I-is it my fault? Because I ran away..."
"No! None of you two did anything wrong! Let's just go. It's not safe here"
"Haru-chan, Yuu-chan, please"
"We can't, Mika-san. We can't go. Our friends are-"
"No! They aren't your friends! Don't let them deceive you! The humans are using you..."
"Shinoa!"

We looked back and saw Shinoa getting strangled by the red-head noble "SHINOA-SAN!"
"Please, Haru-chan! Don't look back! There's nothing behind you. Nothing!"
"HARU! YUU!"
The others...one by one, they're getting beat down...Their blood is getting sucked...and I... "MITSUBA! KIMIZUKI! YOICHI!"
"It's too late. You need to give up"

"...No...no...NO!!!" My head started to hurt, all these commotion spinning right in my thoughts.

I let out a scream