CHAPTER 23 (Shinoa Squad Meeting)

Haru's PoV

'Is there something wrong with you, Daitan?'
'Huh? Why'd you ask that?'
'Hmm...you've been less...how should I say it? Active?'
'Aw, did you miss my good side?'
'Oops, spoke too soon. I guess you are still the Daitan that I know...but...really though; I am worried'
'That's rare for you to worry about me, is it because you've got your memories back?'
'N-no...I was just concerned-'
He looked away 'There's nothing you should worry about me...' 'Anyway, don't you have a meeting today?'
'Oh...I ALMOST FORGOT!'
I was supposed to help Mitsuba and Shinoa do our breakfast
...
I was able to catch up with them. They were already eating at room three. They let me join
"Jeez, I guess you two didn't really need my help. This is amazing!" I gleamed
"Ehehehehe..."
"They weren't the ones who cooked this. Kimizuki-kun did. The two actually burnt an omelet" Yoichi giggled
"E-eh!? Four eyes did this!?!"
"I could've done it right if Mitsu wasn't there" -Shinoa
"But I read that alcohol makes it better" -Mitsuba
"Now, now, we'll try you two's breakfast another day" -Yoichi
"Yeah, somewhere with fire extinguishers" -Kimizuki
We laughed
"So, what's this about? I don't like you guys keeping a secret from me. I feel left out" –Yuu
"What are we going to talk about?" I don't know why we're here either
They looked at Shinoa
"There are three topics. One, that Yuu was a test subject of some kind of experimentation, who lost control on the battlefield and almost killed me. Two, what does Lieutenant Colonel Guren intend to do to Haru? Three, is Lieutenant Colonel Guren truly on our side?"

I stayed silent 'They don't trust Guren?'
"Guren on our side or not? What do you mean?"
"There's a possibility that Lieutenant Colonel is only trying to use us, including you"
"Either he's trying to create a reason to fight with the army's upper members, or he has something bigger planned"
Kimizuki shook his head "That's new to me, too"
"Either way, are we going to stay with Lieutenant Colonel Guren, or rather, what stance will we take on the world?"
"It's something that we want to discuss about"
"Meaning, we'll possibly consider pulling away from Lieutenant Colonel?"
"As one option"

Guren's PoV

"Yuichiro Hyakuya, Yoichi Saotome, Shiho Kimizuki, and Haru Nakagawa, who are they? How did you create four Black Demon prospects?"
"Luck, we were lucky to have four excellent-"
"Impossible. All Black Demon prospects are tests subject of human experiments, and even then, the success rate is very low. Well, that's fine. I'm happy to have more Black Demon users. If you have good trial results, share it with me"
"If I feel like it, is that all you wanted to ask? If so, I'm going to leave"
"Next question, Nakagawa Haru, what does she mean to you?"
"She's my student, what else is there for?"
"What is your true relationship with her?"
"That's personal business"
"Answer"
"...We're lovers...does that satisfy you?"
"Heh? As if I'll believe that. I know you can't shut off emotions such as love, and friendship...but starting a love life with your student is off the edge. Besides, isn't Mahi-"
"Little things can get replaced, Kureto. People change. I don't plan on anything other than getting her safe, I've already lost a loved one and I'm not going to repeat the same mistake ever again" I smirked

Haru's PoV

"I'm going to stick with Guren. Guren said that we're a family. Mitsuba, Yoichi, Kimizuki, Shinoa, Haru, that you guys are my new family. I think that, too, you guys are important to me. But, we can't forget about Mika either" Yuu looked at me; we shared nods "He's also an important family member. I was abandoned by my parents, so maybe I don't know what a family is, but, does a family betray back just because they were betrayed first? Guren said that he'd lend me a hand with Mika. I'm going to trust his word! We know we're involving you guys in our personal issue. But-"
"That's enough" Kimizuki stood then walked between me and Yuu. He pet both our shoulders
"My definition of a family's the same. Right?"
"Yup! Right?"

We all shared smiles. Shinoa stood and hit the edge of the teacup with her spoon; making a ring
"So we've reached our conclusion: Defend your family. I would've never thought we'd go with such a tactic in a world like this...but Shinoa Squad will go with that and fight"

-Time Skip-

*knock* *knock*
"...Come in"
"Excuse me...Lieutenant Colonel, Yuu, Haru, and Kimizuki completed their training. They had succeeded in possession"
"Is that so?"
"Yes...Lieutenant Colonel, what's between you and Haru-chan?"
"That's none of your business"
"...I see...so...Lieutenant...what do you plan for Haru?"
"Does every topic have to include her?"
The purple-haired nodded
"Very well, everything I'm doing is for her sake. Why? Because I care"
"Don't tell me you...fell for her? Is that why you always have your eyes on her? Or do you have something else planned?"
"What can I say? I'm unpredictable"
"...Thank you for your time"
"I have a mission for you, Shinoa. Come to the staging base tomorrow at 0600...We're going to kill the vampires in Nagoya...Oh, and can you call Haru here"

Shinoa's PoV
I did what he told, though, I still don't have a better vision of what he's planning. I called out for Haru. I had also mentioned the new mission and then told her she was being called by Lieutenant
"What for?"
"I don't know, anyway, I'll be sending the mission to everyone else then. See you tomorrow"

We went our ways. When we were already far, I followed her back; hiding from her like a spy.
Lieutenant Colonel was already waiting for her arrival outside. They nodded then walked HAND-IN-HAND! (O-O)

Guren's PoV

Haru came. I could see just from the look of her eyes that she can also sense someone watching us. We nodded in agreement. I held her hand so the 'spy' would think of something else; she still jump a bit from the contact of our skin

The spy was still following us. I stopped Haru from a hallway where the lights were dim; I trapped her to the wall with my hands
"G-Guren...not here...someone might"
"Don't worry nobody's going to see us here, relax a bit more"
I bent to her level and leaned on her right shoulder. I slid some of her clothing

'Make weird noises' I whispered

Shinoa's PoV

...I don't want to get caught but I don't want to go either!
O////O
It was getting hot in there! I couldn't resist the fangirl-ing and squealed. I quickly covered my mouth and exit the scene

Guren's PoV

Haru sighed "Looks like the spy went away"
I quickly bit her collar bone earning a moan and an angered (embarrassed) girl
"Y-you did not have to do it on purpose. What was that for?"
"Just in case the spy has any doubts"

The spot I bit her made a hickey
"You're mean, Guren" She pouted 'How cute...'
"What? It's also a mark that no one can have you but me" I winked
"But, Guren! What if someone sees this? They'll think I did something and- and- I'M JUST 15!"

'Seriously, stop being so cute! I may not be able to hold it in anymore!' "Yeah, yeah, whatever, let's go"