LET IT GO

LOYCE POV

It has been almost our second week here. And can I just say I want to go back at StarLight already?!

Averick has been annoying me and Kris since the very beginning and I just want him to stop!

I can still remember what happened after that.

FLASHBACK

"He's my son." Averick said out of nowhere, shocking every single soul inside the room.

What the fuck?! What was he thinking?! I wanted to tell him that PRI-FUCKING-VATELY!!! Damn his stupid ass.

Trying to remain as calm as possible, even though I just wanted to strangle him to death already, I smiled sweetly at him. I should be given an award for putting up the angel act for the whole hour, while being in the same room as the jerk who rejected me.

"Why do you say so, alpha?" I questioned, kind of teasing and mindfucking him.

I saw him flinch at the mention of alpha. And I also kinda think he was offended by the question. I don't give a damn.

"I just know. I felt the fatherly connection."

I rolled my eyes at that. Stupid answer, to be honest. Really so him.

"What fatherly connection?" I hissed at him, dropping the good boy act. Now I'm acting like a cat cause he's been driving me insane.

The people sensed the tension between the two of us and it was enough message to make them leave us alone. Averick's parents left silently, while his friends grinned at me. I wanted to punch both their faces.

I felt Kris move beside me. I look at him and saw my angel looking at Averick curiously, his eyebrows furrowed, his lips in a slight pout and his blue eyes full of questions and admiration. Averick was staring back at him. I was surprised when I saw so much love in his hazel eyes. He's got a warm expression on his face, something I hadn't seen him wear before.

"How old is he, Loyce?" He asked.

A strange feeling fill my stomach when he said my name. For the first time in forever, he said my name. I shouldn't be happy but I was. More than I should be even, cause I've always dreamt of him calling me. In more ways than just innocent.

But then I realized, this isn't about me. This is about them, Averick and Kris.

"He's three, turning four in October twenty first." I answered carefully.

I'm still mad at him. For what he did to me, because he rejected me and just because of everything he did. But this is not about us. And I'm not the type to hide someone's kid away from them just because they happened to be the biggest jerk on earth. And it's his right as the other father. I cannot take that away from him. And Kris might hate me because of it. I'm not that selfish.

"S-so, he's really mine?" He asked, but it sounded more like a beg to me. He wanted me to tell him yes. I guess he already love my angel.

I would've teased him and say no, if it weren't for the slight watering of his eyes. It's weird for me seeing him like this.

I gave him a bitter but reassuring smile.

"He is yours, alpha."

I saw him take a breath if relief.

END OF FLASHBACK

    And let's just say that after that, he's been showering us, especially my son, with gifts. For Kris, it was chocolates, toys and dresses. For me though, were flowers, chocolates and jewelries. What does he take me for, a materialist?! He thinks I'm THAT easy? He think I'll just forgive him because he give me presents?! Could he be more of a jerk!!!