ten

Jada

I let me in Jada in our house and I automatically gave her a quick bath and put her to bed. Then I went to my room, and Khalil was no where to be found.

I angrily sat on our bed and dialed his number, but he sent me to voicemail.

"Why does this nigga choose to start fucking up right when Justin comes home? Why can't he show him how perfect he used to treat me?" I complained to myself. I took a hot shower and then changed into a large t shirt, when I returned Khalil was sitting on the bed.

I stood in the doorway and crossed my arms. "I'd appreciate if you don't sit on our bed with those clothes on. Especially since you were with those disease carrying whores."

He mumbled something under his breath and tossed his shirt on the floor. I huffed and picked it up. Unable to control myself anymore, I shouted,"The fuck is your problem?!"

He jumped at me and quickly stood up. "Don't fucking scream while my child is sleeping."

"Don't talk to me like that," I pointed a finger and he grabbed my wrist, forming a purple bruise. "No, don't talk to me like that. Ever since Justin came back it seems as if you forgot who daddy is."

I spit at him and he quickly let go. "Fuck you," I said, rubbing my wrist. "How dare you fucking put your hands on me?"

"That's what happens to girls who don't listen," he crossed his arms. "Go to hell."

"Already in it."

"Why are you acting like such a dick? Huh? What, miss your prostitutes in New York? Then go the fuck back!"

"Shut up, Jada," he started. "No, you shut up! Ever since you started this brand you think you're better than everyone else. Than me, than Khaila. No. Without us you're nothing," I spat. "You sure its not the other way around?" He tested me.

"I fucking hate you. I wish I'd never had a child with you, Khaila deserves a better dad than you."

He laughed,"She needs another mom if anything."

"Really? Cause last time I checked, I'm the one who raised her. All by myself. No help from yo' bitch ass." He grabbed my wrist again and the pain was unbearable. I fell slowly to the floor in agony. This was new, he'd never put his hands on me before.

"What'd I say? Don't fucking talk to me like that."

"I wish I was still with Justin," I said, just to make him mad. "I wish she was Khaila's father. It's obvious she likes him better than you anyway!" He let go of his grip and gave me a death stare. "Keep talking all that shit and I'll make sure you never see Khaila again."

"Like hell."

I got off of the floor and grabbed a cover from the closet. I couldn't sleep in the same bed with the asshole. So the couch was calling my name.

As soon as I made it downstairs, Khaila popped up. She had dried tears on her face and she looked afraid. "What's wrong, baby?" I asked, although I knew the answer.

"D-daddy. I saw him hit you, and I'm scared he's gonna hit me. I don't wanna sleep up there with him. Can I sleep with you, mama? Please?" She begged. I gave a sad smile and took her in my arms, cuddling her. I gave her a kiss and she soon fell asleep, while I stayed awake and stared at the ceiling. What was I gonna do?

Khalil was getting worse.

And what if Khaila was right, what if Khalil does eventually hit her?