nineteen

Justin

After going back inside once Khaila woke up, Jada told her to go upstairs so she could help her unpack their small amount of things. I joined them. Before they started, Jada gave Khaila a quick bath and put her in a onesie.

Of course I took out my phone to snap a picture.

"No!" She frowned,"No. More. Pictures!"

Jada laughed as we walked back to my room. "Fine," I said, putting my phone in my back pocket.

They sat on the floor and Jada began to empty their bags.

"Sorry, Khaila. But Mommy only managed to get some of your toys," she said, handing her a bag full of toys. Khaila looked at the bag and happily took out a tea set.

Please don't ask me, please don't ask m--

"Mr. Justin, you wanna have a tea party with me?"

I mentally cursed but I plastered a smile on my face. "Of course, sweetie." She sat down all of her plastic tea cups and platters on a table and sat down in one of her princess chairs.

"Come on, Mr. Justin. Sit!" She ordered. "Khaila, I don't want to break your nice little chair," I said. "Pleasseeeeee," she began to whine.

Jada huffed,"Khaila stop that whining before I give you something to cry about," she snapped. Khaila quickly stopped her whining and she poked out her lip.

"Tell you what," I said,"How about we take this to the kitchen and I'll ask someone to make us some coffee cakes and some real tea, hm?"

She smiled and clapped her hands,"Yes! Yes I'd like that a lot." She picked up all the tea party toys she could and told me to carry some. Together we walked to the kitchen.

***
W

hile we were drinking our tea, I snapped her picture when she wasn't looking.

"This is so good, Mr. Justin," she said. "Thank you so much."

I smiled, glad that my butt was in a normal sized chair. "Anything for you, my daugh---, I mean, my dear princess."

Her eyes widened. "You want me to be your daughter?"

"Um.. I uh.." How did a 5 year old get me this nervous?

"Its okay. You can be my new dad," she smiled. Wasn't how I expected this to happen, but it works. "Khaila, your mom won't like this one bit."

"Why not? It isn't like she likes my real daddy."

"Seriously, Khaila--"

"Please, Mr. Justin? You're way nicer than daddy anyway, I'd love it if you were my daddy. But since you're not, can we atleast pretend? Please? Mama doesn't have to know," she gave me the puppy dog eyes. I sighed,"Fine."

"Yay!" She squealed, pulling me into a hug. "Thank you, daddy." Hearing those words almost brought tears to my eyes.

"Y-your welcome, daughter."

Then I explained to her how we couldn't let Jada find out about any of this. Around Jada, I was Mr. Justin.

"Okay," she nodded in agreement. "Now," I cleared my throat,"Can you hug daddy again, please?" She smiled and rushed over and gave me a big hug.

"I wish you were my real daddy," she said softly,"But this works."

I smiled and wanted nothing more than to tell her that I was her real father. That she was from my blood, and that Bieber should've been her last name. But, out of respect for Jada, I didn't. It was Jada's place, and she'd be able to explain it better than I ever could.

While we continued to eat our small coffee cakes and drink our tea, my phone buzzed.

Jada 🙈💘: send her up

>>> why 😭 we're having fun

>>> u can join if u want? There's extra food and tea

Jada🙈💘: no matter how exciting and ravishing that sounds *peep the sarcasm* Khaila has to go to school in the morning

>>> but we're #rebels

Jada🙈💘: "#rebels" my ass

Jada🙈💘: seriously justin send her up

>>> ok mom

I rolled my eyes and put my phone away. "Babygirl, mama says you have to go to bed now."

She pouted,"Aw, come on. Can't you tell her no? You are my daddy now," she attempted to wink but it resulted in her blinking at me. "Sorry, you know how that goes," I gave her a real wink,"Let's go." I picked her up and we began to make our way upstairs.

"Wait!" She exclaimed,"The food, the tea!" I chuckled,"It's okay, princess. Someone'll clean it up by morning." She grinned before yawning and laying her head on my shoulder.

***

"Where are we sleeping?" Jada asked once I laid an asleep Khaila in the middle of my bed. "Uh, about that," I scratched the back of neck,"All the guest rooms are being renovated for the next week so y'all have to sleep in.."

"No, absolutely not." She said, crossing her arms. "Where else are you gonna sleep, Jada?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"The couch. Or the floor? That carpet is pretty damn comfy."

"Hell no. Come on, Jada. It isn't that bad," I said, taking my shirt off and laying next to Khaila. "It isn't like you haven't slept with me before."

She sighed and gave in,"Fine. But tomorrow I'm going to the store to buy an air mattress or something," she said, laying on the opposite side of Khaila. "Fine," I chuckled, turning off the lamp. I kissed Khaila's cheek,"Goodnight, angel."

I closed my eyes and I felt Jada's stare on me. "What? You want a good night kiss, too?" I teased. She scoffed,"Goodnight."

I laughed,"Goodnight, beautiful."