thirteen

I sat in the little donut shop at a table with my phone in my hand.  Nicole should be here soo--

"Sorry I'm late," the door opens and Nicole hurried in, looking more beautiful than ever. "My um sons' dad wouldn't, nevermind." I stood and hugged her. "It's okay. You look amazing," I complimented her,"Way dressed up just to eat some donuts with a loser," I said with a smile.

She looked down at her outfit and smiled at me,"Too much?" I bit down on my lip and shook my head,"I was just messing with you

She looked down at her outfit and smiled at me,"Too much?" I bit down on my lip and shook my head,"I was just messing with you. I love it, honest." She blushed and we ordered our donuts. We decided we'd take them to go and maybe sit and talk at the nearby park.

"So," she said, sitting next to me on the bench. "Tell me about yourself."

I laughed, a little taken back. "You seriously don't know who I am? You don't know about my past? She slowly shook her head,"Am I supposed to...?"

"No, yes, no, wait. Justin Bieber. That doesn't ring a bell?"

"You're a singer right? I've heard a couple of your songs, but I haven't done extreme research, if that's what you mean," she chuckled. I smiled and rested my arm over her shoulder. "Really? So you don't know nothing about me?"

"That a bad thing?" She asked. I quickly shook my head,"No. Of course not." This gives me a chance to tell my story from my perspective, not focusing my immature faze the fandom called Bizzle.

"Well," she nudged me,"Go on."

"Well, I don't know if Maejor might've told you, but I've recently got released from rehab."

"He didn't. What were you in for?"

"Obsessive smoking and drinking," I answered honestly. "Damn," she shook her head,"What'd you smoke?"

"Cigarettes," I answered, and she looked at me like she expected more,".....and some weed."

She laughed,"You don't look like the type to go to rehab for weed. Cigarettes, sure. But weed, nah." I smiled at her,"Shut up." She wasn't making this as awkward as I thought it would be. It was nice to talk to someone about this stuff without the negative energy.

"Anything else you want me to know?" She asked, biting her glazed donut. "Um... Yeah. You remember Khaila, right?"

She smiled,"Yeah, your little twin. What about her?"

"Well, before I was sent to rehab, me and her mom were in a very confusing relationship. She was with Khalil at one time, and we had sex. And now Khaila has a birthmark that's been in my family for decades. I think she's mine."

She blinked. "B-but wasn't her father at the dinner --"

"That's not her father. I am."

"How sure are you?"

"At the most, 99.9% sure."

"Did you tell Jada?" She asked. "Yep, and she fucking ran off. She thinks I'm crazy and that rehab did this to me," I cursed.

She couldn't help but chuckle, but then quickly covered her mouth,"Sorry, sorry. God that's not funny."

I sighed and ignored her.

"But how much do you want to be in this girl's life?"

"More than anything. I've always wanted a little princess to spoil and love and give everything to. And Khalil is stealing my chance and he's not even taking advantage of it," I clenched my fists at the thought. He's already put his hands on Jada but if he ever put his hands on my daughter, I'd have to kill him.

"Then you need to get a DNA test."

"Yeah, but Jada won't let me. She's scared of the results," I frowned. "I just wanna show her that that little girl is mine."

She sighed and looked at me,"How bad do you want this, again?"

"More than anything," I said, my voice cracking. She sighed again and shook her head. "I'm a nurse. I'll help you prove that Khaila is yours."