sixty

5 years later ...

"Mama! Jordyn won't get out my room!" Khaila yelled. Jada giggled as she walked to Khaila's door and stood in the doorway,"She wants to spend time with you because she loves you, isn't that right Jordy?"

 Jada giggled as she walked to Khaila's door and stood in the doorway,"She wants to spend time with you because she loves you, isn't that right Jordy?"

Jordy smiled,"Yes mommy."

Khaila groaned,"No, she's annoying and won't get out my face

Khaila groaned,"No, she's annoying and won't get out my face. I'm 11, she's 5. She can't hang out with me. Where's daddy? He'd understand."

"He'll be back soon, he just went to the store real quick," Jada said, sitting on the edge of Khaila's bed and placing Jordyn on her lap,"You know, Khaila. She reminds me of you when you were her age." Khaila scoffed,"I did not act like that devil child. I was a sweetheart."

"You could be," Jada admitted,"But you had your moments."

Just as Khaila opened he'd mouth to muster a smart remark, the front door opened and they all heard it. "Daddy!" Jordyn yelled, running out the room.

Justin smiled and kneeled down so Jordyn could jump on him, just like Khaila used to do when she was her age. "How's my little princess?"

"Not good, Khaila won't stop being mean to me," she pouted.

"Khaila!"

"Daddy she's lying!" Khaila defended herself. He looked into Jordy's eyes,"Are you lying to me, babygirl?"

She shook her head,"No sir."

He smiled,"Good." Jada walked into the kitchen and took the meal out the stove,"Dinner!"

The family sat down at the table. Khaila eyed the two empty seats,"Where's Uncle Maejor and Auntie Angie?"

"Yeah," Jordy piped in,"We can't have Sunday dinner without them." The doorbell rang and Justin smiled, opening it. "I think my kids got magical powers or something," Justin said, leading them to the table.

"If they did, they sure didn't get them from you."

Jada chuckled, getting out of her seat and hugging the company, more like family. "Always a pleasure to see my favorite couple."

"Yeah, who knew y'all would last 10 years?" Justin joked. Everyone knew they would.

"Who knew y'all would last 5?" Maejor shot back jokingly. "Hey, that's enough," Jada said, passing plates around.

"Look at my favorite nieces," Angie said, kissing Khaila and Jordyn. "Y'all get cuter every Sunday."

The children blushed,"Thank you."

"I make some cute babies, huh?" Jada said, flipping her hair and sitting at the table. "You? They obviously get their good looks from their daddy."

"Eh, try again."

The table started laughing before they said a short prayer and started eating the meal that Jada made for them.

Who knew things would turn out so perfect? Jada wasn't used to happy endings.

"Uhn, uhn! I am not a wild child, Uncle Mae!" Jordy exclaimed.

"Says the child who just had yo be born on their parents' wedding day," he shot back with a smirk, making the whole table laugh.

But this was one happy ending she was ever so grateful for.

The End.