forty three

Jada

Last night was the best night I had in months. Justin, Khaila, and I had our first family sleepover last night. The two party animals tried to keep me up all night but I clocked out around 3, but I think they climbed into my bed at like 5.

I was surprised, because usually Khaila didn't like to sleep with me. I guess she didn't want to be left out. Justin probably was salty, because if Khaila didn't climb into bed he would've tried to get some.

I woke up and smiled at my two babies next to me. Justin was sleeping peacefully with his lips parted, snoring slightly and his arm slung over me and Khaila, while Khaila was in an awkward and weird position. She was laying upside down with each foot hitting me and Justin in the face.

I laughed, we're a family now so he better get used to it.

"Goodmorning, Princess," I said, rubbing my hand all over Justin's face in attempt to wake him up. He groaned and pushed my hand off of him along with Khaila's foot,"Oh my God."

"Is that complaining I hear?" I teased. "How do you deal with this?" He grunted, getting out of my bed. I chuckled,"She doesn't really sleep with me, she only did it cause she didn't want to be left out."

"When we get our own place, she definitely won't be allowed to sleep with us." I blushed at the thought of me, him, and Khaila all living together as a complete family for the first time.

"She's a wild sleeper, who do you think she gets it from?"

We looked at each other.

"You." We said in unison, pointing to each other. I scoffed,"I don't sleep wild."

"Neither do I."

"Oh my gosh, I'm trying to sleep," Khaila complained, putting a pillow over her head. Me and Justin looked at each other and laughed. "Now that's definitely a mini Jada minus all the cuss words," he said.

I smiled innocently,"What can I say? She has my blood."

I got out of bed and slipped a pair of pants over my bare legs. I would've put a shirt on, but to be honest I didn't even feel like it.

"Aw man, I missed waking up to this every morning."

"Okay watch what you say because our daughter is in the room," I chuckled,"Follow me downstairs."

He slipped on his shirt and jeans from yesterday and followed me. I furrowed my eyebrows,"You didn't have to get fully dressed."

"This is your mom's house..?"

"Correction: it's both of our house. And calm down, she's not here, idiot. She's at work."

"Okay, but still. I don't feel comfortable walking around someone else's house half naked like you."

"Whatever," I said, going into the kitchen. "What do you and your daughter want for breakfast?"

He furrowed his eyebrows,"So you're like .. not gonna put a shirt on?"

"Psht, no."

"Is that sanitary?" He chuckled.

"You're saying that like you complaining." I said, putting my hand on my hip,"And besides. Some couples cook for each other butt ass naked. Am I doing that? No? Would I enjoy it? Maybe."

He chuckled again,"Fine, do what you want? I don't know what we want for breakfast, surprise us."

"Oh you think this is Hotel Treat Jada Like A Slave," I muttered under my breath. "What was that?"