twenty

The next morning I woke up in bed all alone. I sat up very confused, wondering where they were. Then I heard Gospel music coming from downstairs. I groaned and put some socks on before making my way down there.

"Good morning sunshine!" She yelled loudly over the music,"There's some bacon and eggs waiting for you in the microwave," she pointed as she was mopping the floor.

....okaay?

I nodded and took my food and ate it as I stood in the doorway. "Why are you cleaning?"

"Cause it's Sunday," she shrugged,"Duh."

"And the Gospel music?"

"Helps me move faster. You should pick up a broom and help me," she pointed out. "Mmm," I rubbed my chin,"Rather not. Where's Khaila?"

"She's watching tv."

TV? How was she able to hear the tv over this loud music?

I'm surprised the neighbors aren't complaining.

I went to see Khaila and she was right were Jada said she was, watching tv. "Hey," I said, sitting next to her.

"What?"

"Hey! I said louder. "Oh," she grinned. "Goodmorning."

I kissed her forehead and finished off my plate before taking it back to the kitchen. I placed it in the sink.

"Uhn uhn, Bieber. Do them dishes real quick."

"What? But there's a dishwasher," I whined as she tossed me a rag. She shrugged,"So. We're saving water."

I groaned and began to wash as I mumbled words under my breath. "What was that?"

"Nothing," I said cheerfully. It was quiet as we took over our tasks and I quickly got bored.

"Justin!" She walked over to me,"That's too much dishwashing liquid! Look at all the bubbles; it's even overflowing to the floor!" I looked down and couldn't help but laugh. Oops.

She groaned,"I just mopped this floor!"

I laughed,"Sorry." And I put some bubbles on my hand and blew it on her. She took a step back and screamed, but then I noticed that she was laughing. "Justin you're a big ass kid bruh I swear."

I laughed and did it again, and that resulted in her doing it again. Before we knew it we were occupied in a full blown bubble/water fight.

We laughed and continued to blow the suds on each other until we were soaked. She tried to run away and I ran after her but I slipped on the floor. She bursted out laughing and then she lost her balance, too. Falling and landing right on top of me.

We were too busy laughing to realize it, then it seemed as if the whole world stopped. I gazed into her beautiful brown eyes and she looked back at me, her lips slightly parted.

"You uh.. Got a little something," I stopped and popped a bubble off of her nose. She smiled and leaned in, me doing the same.

Just as we were about to kiss for the first time in years, we were interrupted.

"Mommy?" It's a waterfall!" Khaila stood over us, pointing to the sink. Jada looked at the sink and gasped,"Justin! You didn't turn the sink off!" She got off of me and turned the water off.

I quietly groaned. Why, Khaila? Why ruin it for daddy?

I sat up off of the floor and wiped the suds off of me. "Sorry," I scratched the back of my neck.

She did the same and Khaila looked at us strangely. She raised an eyebrow,"Did I miss something?"