forty seven

"Finally I'm leaving this hellhole," I sang as I walked out the main door.

I made my way to the parking lot and when I spotted my car I happily sat down and put my car in the ignition. I waited a couple seconds to hear the sound of my engine roaring, but it didn't happen. "Bitch, what?"

I tried again and my engine coughed and then turned off. Fuck. "Fucking great," I mumbled. This was the perfect time for my car to be having fucking problems.

I got out the car and lifted the top like I knew what I was doing. Gray smoke was everywhere. I coughed,"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I yelled, slamming it shut.

"Hey," someone touched my shoulder and I flinched. Of course, it was my bitchass boss,"Need any help?"

I rolled my eyes,"No, Jeff."

He chuckled and leaned against my car,"Is that anyway to address your boss?"

"You're only Mr. Samson during work hours," I corrected him,"Now if you would let me be, I have to fix my car so I can get home to my daughter and her father."

"Your car is pretty jacked," he scratched the back of his neck,"I don't think a cute girl like you will know what to do. I'll help you."

I held out my hand,"No thanks. I'll call my boyfriend." I walked away and dialed Justin's number.

"...Hey, you have reached Justin --

"And Jada, his girlfriend! So all you thirsty girls need to exit!"

He chuckled,"Leave a message."

I sighed,"Justin this is not the right fucking time to not answer the phone," I huffed, hanging up.

I looked back at my car and saw Jeff working on it. "What the hell are you doing?" I said, running back over there.

"I'm sorry to tell you, Jada. But your engine burned out. There's no way you'll fix your car on your own or by tonight." I groaned,"Oh my God."

"Is your boyfriend able to take you home?"

I turned to face him so quick I almost broke my neck,"Why are you so worried about my boyfriend?"

He chuckled lightly, holding up his hands,"Hey, I'm just trying to make sure you have a way home."

"Well, no. He didn't answer."

I dialed his number again and he didn't answer, again. I tried about five more times and I got the same constant result.

I sat in my car, not even caring if Jeff was right there. I felt the lump in my throat and I just wanted to cry, to be honest. I wasn't good in situations like this.

I finally took a deep breath and sucked it up. "Would you like a ride home, Jada?"

"No, thank you. I'll catch a cab or something," I said digging in my purse, all I brought out with ms was a $20.

He shook his head,"That's not gonna be enough, you live almost an hour away." I froze and wanted to ask him how he knew where I lived, but I remembered that he was my boss.

"Let me take you," he smiled,"Free of charge."

"That's a lot to ask," I sighed.

"Consider it a free Uber, or a ride from a friend," he shrugged,"And I'll even make sure your car gets towed to your place tomorrow."