eleven

Justin

The next morning I woke up from the sound of the birds chirping from my window. I smiled as the sun shined on my face and sat up like I was in a movie or something.

I picked up my phone and saw I had two notifications:

A text message from Nicole.

And a direct message from Jada.

I clicked the Instagram app and went to my dms.

The message was sent around 15 minutes ago.

jadaa_: hey uh.. Can u please come get me and Khaila?

justinbieber: sure, what for?

jadaa_: nothing, Khaila just wants to eat breakfast w u if u don't mind

justinbieber: I'll come get u don't worry bout that, but where's u car?

jadaa_: I'll explain just please hurry up.. Please.

👀seen.

I quickly put a hoodie and some sweats on before grabbing my keys and rustling out the door. This seemed like more than wanting to join me for breakfast.

Jada

"Come on, Khaila," I urged my daughter as I tried to do her hair in some French braids,"You've gotta work with me."

"Where are y'all going?" Khalil barked from the other couch. "Away from you," I muttered.

"How?" He smirked and dangled my keys in his hands. "Don't worry about it."

I finished Khaila's hair and I stood and wiped the sweat off of my hands onto my jeans. My hands were literally shaking.

"Why won't you just give me my keys back?" I rolled my eyes. "Last time I checked, I bought that car. Along with everything else in this house."

Ladies, take my advice. Don't ever let a man talk you into being a housewife. It will leave you helpless and dumb.

"Khalil, come on. Why do you want me to stay here so we can continue to fight in front of Khaila? I promise I'll be back," I practically begged,"I just want to get some breakfast with my daughter."

"How are you gonna do that?" I dug in my purse and looked up, seeing my wallet with all my credit cards in it. I was now on the verge of tears,"So now you're gonna take my money?"

He shrugged,"You keep fuckin' playing with me, Jada. I can play games too."

Khaila scooted closer to me and clung onto my leg,"Mommy, I'm scared."

I picked her up and Khalil stood. "Put her down. She's not a baby."

"I can pick up my daughter if I want to," I retorted. He got closer and balled up his fist, but before he could do anything, the doorbell rang.

I took this as an opportunity to rush away and open it. I smiled in relief,"H-hi Justin." I made a huge mistake and pulled him into a tight hug. I swear I just wanted to cry on his shoulder, knowing he'd comfort me. He looked shocked, but surprisingly hugged me back.

Khaila looked at Justin like he was her biggest hero. "Hi, Mr. Justin." She gave his leg a hug and he chuckled, bent over, and pat her back. "Hi, Khaila. What's up, Khalil?" Khalil gave a fake smile and nodded, before disappearing into the back.

We walked with Justin to his car and he took a deep breath and sat his hands on the wheel. "So, where are we going to eat at?"

"IHOP!"

I quickly shook my head,"I uh ... I thought we could just eat at your house? I don't have any ... Money," I choked out, obviously embarrassed.

"Its alright. I'll pay. You know I can't cook," he chuckled as he started the car and drove. "IHOP it is, my princess," he said to Khaila through the mirror.

***

Justin

I sat and watched my baby girl as she demolished her stack of pancakes topped with sprinkles. I couldn't believe that I had such a beautiful daughter.

"Excuse me," Jada stood up,"I have to go use the restroom." She excused herself and walked away.

"Are you gonna save me and Mommy?"

I looked at her strangely and sipped my coffee,"Save you from what, exactly?"

She looked around as if someone was listening, and leaned in closer. "Daddy." The word made me cringe, but I ignored it. Why would she need to be saved from Khalil?

"What'd he do?" She looked as if she was going to cry, so I rested my arm on her shoulder. "H-he hit mommy."

"He did wha--"

Jada walked back and flashed a smile before sitting. She eyed her food and then me. She smirked,"What'd you do to my food?"

I chuckled,"Nothing."

"Jay..."

"Nothing!" I laughed,"Ask Khaila." Jada scoffed,"She probably was in on it too!"

We all started laughing,"I guarantee you it's safe to eat that food."

She nodded and started to eat. When we were finished I paid the bill and we loaded into the car.

I looked in my mirror and saw that Khaila was fast asleep, so I knew it was the perfect time to address the problem.

"I know Khalil hit you," I blurted out. She blinked. "What?"

"Khaila asked me if I was gonna 'save' you two, and I asked why. She told me he hit you."

Her bottom lip trembled and she looked down. "Tell me she was lying," I said softly. She shook her head and a single tear slid down her face. "No.. She wasn't," she hesitantly showed me her wrist and there was a purple bruise. I parked the car and hugged her while she cried. She started telling me everything that's been happening.

"A-and I don't know what's gotten into him. Like, he used to b-be so sweet and romantic and now its like he can't stand me! He took everything from me, my - my car, shoes. Everything. I want to leave but I have to do this for Khaila but it's like so hard," she continued to sob. I worried about Khaila waking up, but I didn't stop her.

"Khaila would be so heartbroken if me and her father separated and it's just a tight position that I don't want to put my baby in --"

"I'm Khaila's father."

She stopped rambling. "What?"