forty-two

justin

I stood before the judge, happy to have my intermediate family and my small group of friends behind me for support. I was kinda distracted by Jada's ass in the pencil skirt, but I was still anxious to see if the judge accepted the evidence and if the charges would be removed.

Now was the perfect time to start a real family.

"Alright, this is good," he said, nodding his head at the recording. "Is it enough?" Angie asked, kinda harshly. Maejor looked surprised and held her back with a sheepish chuckle. Angie definitely didn't need to go to jail, so she needed to turn down for a bit.

The judge looked taken back but just simply answered,"Yes. In conclusion, all charges on Justin Bieber will be lifted, and we will start an investigation on these people in the video. "

"Thank you Jesus!" Angie screamed, practically jumping from her seat. I smiled and when I turned there was Jada running my way. I picked her up by her waist and we spun around like those cliche movies. We connected our lips, causing the courtroom to awe at the scene. I smiled and sat my girlfriend down, jogging towards Khaila.

She smiled and held up her arms,"Pick me up like you did mommy!"

I chuckled,"Anything for you princess," I picked her up and gave her kisses all over her face, making her giggle and squirm,"I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too, daddy," she said, roughing up my hair. Maejor and Angie joined us and we all hugged each other.

The long battle was over. No more fights, disagreements and dumbass court orders. We were all a big family again, and we were glad that Khaila could finally join what we used to have 5 years ago.

"Anyone care for some lunch?" Maejor asked with a smile.

***

"Can I make a cheers?" Khaila asked, meaning to ask to offer a toast.

Jada giggled,"Of course, baby girl."

"Cheers for me, because my mommy and daddy are together and happy. It should've always been like this," she smiled warmly, raising her plastic cup and bendy straw. We smile and raised our glasses,"Cheers."

"So, what's the next move?" Angie asked.

"Yeah, y'all all happy. Are things gonna go back to the way they were?"

Jada looked at me and squeezed my hand,"Well, I'm gonna continue to work and stay with my mom and Justin's gonna continue to do his own thing. We'll still see each other, but neither of us are ready to stay with each other, and I think that's the best thing to do right now. We don't want to rush anything."

"Yeah," I chuckled slightly, scratching the back of my neck,"I've learned my lesson from rushing."

"Well I'm glad y'all got everything planned out," Angie said. "I've been waiting years for this."

We smiled and looked at each other like two idiots.

"As fun as lunch was," I said standing and taking Khaila's hand,"We must go. We've got business to take care of."

"And may I ask what business?" Jada asked, standing with a confused expression. I smiled,"Family business."

Maejor and Angie bursted out laughing and then Angie gave a more sensitive look,"That was cute, Justin. Little corny, but cute."

"I try."

"Try harder," Maejor said before sipping his drink. We laughed and I left our bill money on the table with them,"Bye, we'll see y'all later."

"Bye."

****

Jada

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes," he took a deep breath,"It's now or never."

Khaila looked at us oddly,"What's the hold up?"

I ignored her and looked at Justin. "Okay then," I began to open our front door and then he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

I looked back at him so quick I was surprised I didn't get whiplash. "What?"

"I'm scared," he admitted. I laughed,"Of what? She's not gonna bite."

He looked around,"She might," he whispered. I laughed and took his hand anyway,"Just come on," we walked in the house and I found my mama sitting on the couch with a magazine in her hand,"Ma?"

"Yeah, baby? How was court?"

Justin cleared his throat and answered for me,"It went good, Ms. Monroe." My mom turned around and looked at Justin, surprised.

"Justin? Boy, is that you?" Justin chuckled nervously,"Yes ma'am."

"Well I'll be dammed. I haven't seen you in half a decade. Look at you, come give me a hug," she smiled and opened her arms wide, surprising the both of us.

Justin slowly walked over to her, bent over and hugged her warmly, making my heart melt.

"I'm so sorry for all the things I said to you," she apologized for the first time,"Yeah you made mistakes, but we all do."

"I'm sorry, too. I haven't been the best boyfriend, or ex, for that matter."

She chuckled,"I know that's right, baby."

They broke the hug and it seemed as if Khaila even seemed happier. I knew God was on our side, cause everything was going perfect for me and my family. (Yep, I could say that now.)

"Y'all want something to eat?"

"That sounds lovely," Justin said, trying to talk white for the first time,"But we just ate lunch."

"Oh, that's okay then."

"Thank you, mama," it was my turn to hug her now,"For everything."

"Girl, you know I'd never give up on you," she said, breaking the hug.

Justin took grasp of my wrists and then pulled me closer by my waist,"Me either."

I giggled and pecked his lips. Khaila "ewwwwwww"'d and covered her eyes before running away and my mama shook her head. "Look, it's cute y'all in love and all," she started,"But do I need to go over some ground rules?"

I laughed,"Sure, ma," I said, edging her on,"Let's hear it."

"Okay," she rubbed her hands together,"Rule number one: no baby making in my house."

I laughed and Justin laughed right with me. Any other girl would be embarrassed but not me, I embarrass myself and Justin purposely almost everyday.

"Ma, we're leaving now," I said, leading him to my room.

"If I hear one umph or one bed squeak I won't hesitate to investigate!" She called behind us.