Chapter 8

As I pulled to the boys' house, I said bye to Dylan and jumped out. I saw someone else's car pull up too. Hunter.

"I'll text you if I get a ride home" I said to Dylan and he left. "Hey" I said to Hunter as he walked up to me.

"How's Dylan?" He asked me. We started walking to the house together.

"He's good. He staying home for half of his spring break" I told him. He nodded. We walked inside and I saw the boys playing poker. They all looked at us. We all said hi to each other but I felt awkward.

"Can we start in a little? I just want to finish this game" Travis asked me. I smiled and nodded. "Come sit down" he said and there was two seats open. Hunter took one. And there was one next to Jason. I nodded and sat down. Jason chuckled and I looked over at him.

"What?" He asked when I looked at him. I looked away and rolled my eyes. First he's an ass then nice then an ass again. Minutes passed and the game ended. So Me and Travis decided to go to the kitchen to do the tutoring. We could still hear the boys but it wasn't bad.

"So what ever happened with the fight at school?" Travis asked me. I sighed.

"I left right after. I didn't want to stay" I told him. He nodded understanding. Then Jason, Cameron, and some random guy walked in.

"Yo Ryan what are you doing here?!" Travis said standing up and doing some hand shake with this Ryan guy.

"I'm staying for a while" Ryan told Travis. Then Ryan looked at me and smiled. "I'm Ryan Butler" he said as he shook his hand out to me. I smiled and stood up.

"I'm Mackenzie Wood" I said and shook his hand. I saw Jason rolled his eyes. So I decided to mess around with him. "Thought you didn't like eye rolling McCann" I said to Jason smirking. He glared at me.

"Shut up" he snapped. I was a little taken back but I laughed quietly.

"You're not scary" I said to him.

"What?" He asked and chuckled to himself. His eyes became darker. "Oh you haven't seen scary yet sweetheart" he said to me.

"Let's just get back to the work Mackenzie" Travis said to me. And I sat down again. Travis glared at Jason then back at the work. He shook his head and laughed.

"So do you think he'll come here?" Ryan asked.

"Sh" Jason said to him. I looked at them confused.

"What's going on? Is he back?" Travis asked. Jason looked at me. I didn't look away.

"We can't talk about it with her here. We don't know if we can trust her." Jason said still looking me in the eyes. Neither of us looked away.

"You can trust me" I said to them. I was curious.

"You can't be involved in this" Jason said.

"I'm not gonna be. You're just telling me" I said.

"No I'm not" he said back and looked away. "Meeting in the living room now" Jason demanded to the boys. Then he looked at me. "You stay here" he said and they all walked out. I stayed quiet to try to listen to what they were saying. I stood up and leaned against the wall to try to hear. "Him and his gang know where we live and they will try something. But whatever they do probably won't work. I'm not sure when" I heard Jason say.

"But we have to be prepared" I heard someone else say. I heard Jason laugh.

"We are always ready" Jason said.

"Wait who's van is that?" One of them said. It grew silent and I actually got the chills.

"Shit" Jason said quietly. I took a step back from the wall. Then I heard the front door bust open. Oh my god. I turned around to try to find the back door. As I heard the gun shots, I felt some ones hand on my arm pulling me into the basement. It was Jason. He locked the door and we went down there.

"I could have just went out the back door and left" I said rolling my eyes when I turned my back to him. I looked around and turned around to him again.

"Not safe babe" he said and chuckled.

"Don't call me babe" I said then suddenly there was another gun shot. I jumped and Jason laughed.

"I'll call you whatever I want to call you" Jason said as he slowly started to walk close to me. I started taking steps back.

"Don't touch me either" I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" He snapped. Then my back hit the wall. I was scared. He got in front of me and put his hands the wall behind me so my body was between his arms. "Are you afraid?" He asked slightly smirking. It was noticeable. I got the chills from this.

"N-no" I said as I felt his breath on my neck. He chuckled and stepped back. We just stared at each other.

"Alright it's safe!" We heard Johnsons voice from the top of the steps. We didn't say a word to each other as we walked back upstairs. I grabbed my bag. Johnson, Jason, Travis, and Ryan were in the kitchen too.

"Wait but we barely studied" Travis said to me. "Come on you're not gonna let me fail are you?" He asked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What the hell is up with the eye rolling?" Jason snapped. I ignored him.

"Can we just do my house today? Then every other day we can go back to doing your house" I asked Travis. He nodded and walking over to the table to get his stuff then grabbed his keys.

"Such a baby" I heard Jason mumble.

"Excuse me" I asked him. He looked at me smirking.

"Oh I'm sure you heard me sweetheart" he said and I glared at him.

"Well sorry I'm not used to seeing people getting killed in front of me or near me" I snapped back.

"Let's just go" Travis said right as Jason was about to say something back. I nodded and we walked out the back door.

"Why are we going out the back door?" I asked him.

"Don't ask" Travis said and chuckled. We went around to the front and got into his car. "I'm sorry about that and about Jason" he told me.

"It's fine don't worry about it. I'm just not used to any of it" I told him. He nodded. "But whatever, I'm just the tutor" I said and sighed.

"No. You're our new friend" Travis said and we laughed. "Especially Jason's" Travis said and I looked over at him and he was smirking. I smacked his arm. "What?"

"Shut up. He's an ass to me" I told him.

"Yeah but he's an ass to everyone. You know so much already and usually if someone outside our gang knew as much as you, you'd be dead. But he still talks to you. So trust me. You're his friend" Travis explained.

"But I feel like I'm on his bad side. Then some times he's different with me" I said.

"That's how Jason is. You aren't on his bad side" I nodded.

"Don't tell him I told you this, but the day of the fight, after I left school, he showed up to my house and we just hung out and talked. It was a different side of Jason I guess" I told him.

"I won't tell him. But see that's what I mean. He's an ass but he does care about his friends" he said.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I hope you guys like it!!