Chapter 88

As I stepped out of school, I looked around for Beccas car as I slowly walked to the parking lot. I'm suppose to go with her and Matthew to Matthews house to study for this biology test. I heard a horn and jumped. I looked over to see the boys vans. I smiled and walked over to it to see Jason in the passenger seat. He hopped out and kissed me then leaned against the van.

"Wanna come over for a little? I'm going somewhere and I want you to come" he asked me. I sighed.

"I would, but I can't. I'm going study for a test tomorrow with Becca and Matthew" I told him, but as I said Matthews name, Jason's eyebrows furrowed.

"Matthew?" He asked looking a little mad.

"And Becca" I added.

"Where are you guys going?" He asked me as he grabbed his sunglasses from his pocket.

"Matthews house" I mumbled as I looked around the parking lot.

"What?" He asked making me look at him. "Did you just saw his house?" He asked and I nodded. He rolled his eyes.

"Jason-" he cut me off.

"Whatever" he said as he put his sunglasses on. He grabbed the passenger door and opened it. I grabbed his arm.

"Jason!" I said and he looked at me. "Why are you so mad? It's not like it's me and him. Becca will be there. Matt knows I have a boyfriend and he doesn't have feelings for me and you know damn well that I don't have feelings for him" I snapped. He nodded.

"Whatever. I know. Go study. I'll talk to you later" he said then pecked my lips. I crossed my arms. He hoped back in the van and I shook my head and walked away. I found Beccas car and ran to it. I hoped in the back.

"Hey girl!" Becca said to me. I gave her and Matthew a toothless smile.

"What's wrong?" Matthew asked. I gave them a fake smile.

"Nothing. I'm fine" I lied then looked down at my phone. I heard one of them sigh and Becca started driving. I really hope Jason's not that mad. I hope he doesn't think I like Matt.

***

"Mackenzie are you okay?" Becca asked me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You've been so out of it" Matthew added. I can't get my mind off of Jason. About what happened after school. Does he trust me? Does he not believe me? I shook my head.

"I'm okay" I said and continues looking at the notes. They started quiet so I looked up and saw them look at each other than back at me.

"We know you Mack. We know something wrong" Matthew said concerned. I shook my head again.

"You're right and I have to fix it" I said quietly. More to myself. I stood up and started collecting my lips. "I have to go guys I'm sorry." I said then ran out the front door. I have to go talk to Jason.

***

As I stepped into the ice rink, I instantly regretted not bringing my bigger jacket. Johnson told me Jason is here. But why would he be here? I didn't even know he liked hockey.