Chapter 30

Its one day before my birthday and I'm so excited to turn 18. Tonight is going to be a dinner with my parents, Dylan, the girls, and hopefully Jason. School is almost over thank god because I'm too tired. My thoughts were interrupted by the bell. I put my things in my bag, stood up, and walked out with everyone else in the class. As I got to my locker, I saw Cody walking down the hall way. I rolled my eyes.

"Can we talk?" I heard Cody's voice. He doesn't stop. I turned to face him.

"Haven't we talked enough?" I asked him. He sighed.

"Not about us breaking up" he said and I gave him a confused look. "It's about Jason" he said then I groaned.

"You need to get over that I moved on" I told him as I shut my locker and started walking down the hall way to leave the school. He chased after me.

"It's about that either Mackenzie. Please listen to me" He said and as soon as we got outside of the school, I stopped walking and faced him. I crossed my arms.

"Okay, but don't even start with talk about how he's dangerous. I've heard it enough" I said and he nodded.

"You guys are dating right?" He asked me. I slowly nodded confused on why that matters. "So yesterday, My friend meet up with him and few other people in the gang to give them money and my friend asked about you and asked stuff, but just listen to this" he said then handed me his phone. I put the speaker part of his phone to my ear.

"what the fuck does that have to do with anything?" I heard Jason's voice.

"Just want to know. I got some girls that would die to get with you for a night or two" I heard a random voice say. I didn't know them. I rolled my eyes. I hate people like that.

"Just give us the money" I heard Johnson's voice. Why couldn't Jason say something after the guy did?

"Do you have a girlfriend?" The guy asked to I'm assuming Jason.

"No now give me the money" I heard Jason's voice. He's saying he doesn't have a girlfriend?

"Y-You don't?" The guy sounded scared, but wanted to keep talking. "Because I know this girl-" Jason cut him off.

"Okay fine just give me the money or I'll fucking shoot you" I heard Jason say then heard a gun click. Then it ended. I looked up to see Travis, Kade, and Hunter walked over to a black Mercedes van. I knew that was Johnson's and I knew Jason must have been in there since they are taking me home today. I looked up at Cody. I put my hand to my forehead.

"I have a headache and this isn't helping" I said to him. He nodded.

"I just thought you should have known" he told me.

"Thank you" I said then my phone started ringing. It was Travis. "Hey" I answered. As I answered, Gigi came up to us.

"Hey we're waiting in the van don't take too long" he told me.

"No it's fine you can leave. I have a different ride today" I told him.

"Oh okay. Wait Jason wants to talk to you" he said then I heard ruffling.

"Hey my phone is dead, but why aren't you coming with us?" Jason asked me.

"Because I want Gigi to take me home" I told him and I looked over at Gigi who looked at me confused.

"I was gonna stay with you" he said and I sighed. "wait I'm getting out to talk to you"

"No don't-" he cut me off by hanging up. I groaned. I saw him get out. "Gigi can you drive me home after I talk to him?" I asked her. She nodded and I started walking to Jason. He leaned against the van.

"Why can't I take you home?" He asked and chuckled a little.

"I said because I want Gigi to take me home" I told him and crossed my arms.

"What's your problem?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes. "Don't you dare start that again"

"My problem is that you want to tell Codys friend that you don't have a girlfriend and said fine to getting with his friend!" I raised my voice at him. He looked at me shocked, but mad that I raised my voice at him.

"What are you talking about?" He said simply.

"So now you're acting like that never happened?" I said.

"Do not even try to raise your voice at me here" he said to me standing up straight. "And I only said fine to him so I could get my money"

"And what was the problem with having a girlfriend?" I asked him.

"Nothing. It's a long story" he said to me.

"You don't even care about me enough to just admit to ONE person that you have a girlfriend. You want to keep your bad boy style huh?" I ask. He sighed.

"Stop. It's not true. It's a long story and I'll make it up to you if you want" He told me. I shook my head.

"Fine. You can make it up to me by coming to the dinner tonight at 7" I told him. He nodded his head.

"Okay" he said and I turned to walk around, but he grabbed my arm. I looked back at him. "Why are you so mad about it?" He asked me. I looked at him he was crazy. He let go of my arm.

"Why am I so mad?" I asked him. He just stared at me. "I'll see you later Jason" I said rolling my eyes and started walking away to Gigi. I heard the van door slam shut. He was mad but I really don't care. As I got to Gigi, I saw Cody already left. "Let's go" I said to her. We started walking to her car.

"Is he coming tonight?" She asked me.

"He said he is" I told her as we got in her car.

"I actually think he will. He's showed a lot to you and he said he would come so he will I think" Gigi told me. I nodded. "Tonight will be fun don't worry" she said. I smiled.

"Yeah. It will"

***

"So Jason met your parents?" Becca asked me. Right now me, Becca, Alissa, and Gigi are sitting in my bathroom as I'm doing my make up.

"Yeah. They like him" I told them.

"That's good. So it will be fine tonight" Alissa said. I nodded.

"I've only seen you two together at the party, but you guys were fighting" Becca told me.

"I saw them together once. He was really really different around her. Like he wasn't a criminal" Alissa said and I laughed to myself. I smiled at them.

"I don't know if I did" Gigi said.

"He is really different with me. Sometimes I forget about the whole criminal thing" I said. "Should I change or keep this outfit?" I asked them changing the subject. I'm wearing a nice white shirt, jeans, and tan boots. "Is it too causal?" I asked.

(A/N: photo is above)

"No it's cute!" Gigi told me.

"Don't change" Alissa and Becca said at the same time. We laughed. I shook my head at them. Always those two. I finished my make up and we all walked down stairs.

"Ready?" My dad asked us. We all said yes. "Are we meeting Jason there?" My dad asked me. I nodded.

"Alright let's go!" My mom said excitingly. We all went out side and decided who's cars should we take. My family went in my dads and us girls will go in Alissa's. Tonight will be fun.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I hope you guys like this!!