Chapter 11

I groaned as me and my dad pulled up to the golf place.

"It won't be that bad Mackenzie" My dad said to me as he parked. I looked over at him like it was going to be that bad. "Why did you guys even break up?" He asked me for what I felt was the millionth time since me and Cody did break up.

"If I get out of the car and act like I'm happy do I still have to tell you?" I joked. He rolled his eyes jokingly. We both got out of the car and walked to the place. As we walked into the building, we saw Cody and his dad.

"Long time no see Mackenzie" Codys dad said and hugged me. I smiled and nodded.

"We're going to get everything and we'll meet you guys back here" my dad said then him and Codys dad walked away leaving me with Cody. I just leaned against the wall and waited for them to come back. Not saying a thing.

"Come on Mack, talk to me please" I heard Cody say. I looked up at him and didn't say anything. "Not even hi?" He asked.

"How are you involved with Jason McCann?" I asked quickly. He looked taken back and his eyes widened.

"I expected a sarcastic hi" he said and laughed. Then my dad and Codys dad came back. We followed our dads quietly as they talked. Minutes pasted till we got to where we were supposed to and me and Cody had to go sit on at a table while they went to golf.

"So how have you been?" Cody asked me. I looked over at him.

"How are you involved with Jason McCann?" I repeated.

"Why are you involved with Jason McCann?" He asked back. I rolled my eyes.

"I asked you first" I said.

"Why do you think I'm involved with him?" He asked and laughed. I could tell he was trying to act like he wasn't. I just stared at him waiting on an answer. "I got something from someone in his gang. I still owe half of the money" he told me. I nodded slowly. "So what about you?"

"I tutor someone in the gang" I told him.

"Do you have to go to the house to tutor?" He asked me. I nodded. "That's dangerous Mack" he warned me.

"It really isn't that bad Cody. Everyone at the house is pretty chill" I told him. He rolled his eyes. "What?"

"Just stay away from McCann" he told him.

"So I've been told" I said and looked away to see my uncle walking. "Uncle Nick!" I said standing up. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Mackenzie what are you doing here?" He asked me and walked over to us.

"Dads golfing" I told him. Then he looked over at Cody.

"Hi I'm Cody" Cody said shaking my uncles hand.

"Hi I'm Nick Stokes" my uncle said. My uncle is a cop in the town next to mine. "Staying out of trouble kid?" My uncle joked. I laughed and nodded. "There's trouble in your town. Just make sure to stay away from it" he told me.

"Trust me. I know" I said and laughed too.

"Good. It was nice seeing you guys. Mackenzie, if I don't see your dad tell him I said hello. And tell your mother the same" he said and he left. I sat back down.

"I feel like I've seen him before" Cody said. I looked over at him.

"I mean we did date for two years so you probably met you, you both forgot. And he's a cop so maybe that's why" I told him. He nodded.

"That's why we should get back together," he started. I rolled my eyes. "We dated for so long. I was set up"

"But you still kissed back" I snapped back. He sighed.

"I'm sorry I-" I cut him off.

"Sorry doesn't fix it Cody" I said and looked away from him. "Let's not talk about this. It can't be fixed"

"But it can be fixed Mackenzie" he answered back. I shook my head.

"I'm done talking about this" I said still not looking at him. This is going to be a long day.

***

"It couldn't of been that bad!" Alissa said to me. Right now me, Alissa, Becca, and Gigi are on our way to the party. I was wearing a gray crop top and jeans. Nothing fancy.

(A/N: picture at the top)

"I'm sure McCann and his friends are going to be here, please ignore them this time" Gigi begged. I rolled my eyes but nodded. I'll ignore Jason but not the boys. I didn't find a reason for me to ignore Jason. Yeah he's in a gang. Yeah he's the most dangerous criminal. But if he wanted to hurt me, he would have. If he wanted to use me, he would have. He seems different with me. He kissed me for crying out loud. I just can't get it out of my mind.

"Mac?" I heard Becca say. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at her. "We're here" she said and I looked out the car window and we were. I nodded and we all got out. You could already see the people and hear the music bumping. I really didn't feel like being at a party, but why not. As we were about to walk into the house, I heard my name being called. We stopped and looked over to the left where we saw the gang, but no Jason.

"Mackenzie don't please" I heard Gigi say. I looked over at her.

"Jason isn't with them" I told her. She looked at me worried. "It will be quick I swear" I told them then walked over to them. "What's up"

"Me and Kade will meet you boys inside" Travis said and they boys mumbled stuff as they walked away from us.

"We just have a question" Kade told me.

"What is it?" I asked them.

"You used to date that Cody kid right?" Travis asked me. I nodded slowly.

"Why?" I asked them. "Is it about the money he owes you?" I asked. They looked at each other then back at me.

"How did you know about that?" Travis asked me.

"He told me because I asked how he was involved with you guys" I told them. "Everything's fine?" I asked them. They bother nodded.

"Let's just go inside" Kade said. So I turned around and saw the girls still standing there waiting. I smiled at them. This will be a fun night. Even without Jason.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Hope you liked this!!