Episode 3 Thank You

Cody's POV

I sit there crying in her neck. That's when I hear someone coming this way. I see my gun on the porch and I pick it up as well as the piece of glass. "Go get Sam." I tell her she try's to say no but I shake my head and she nods then goes back into the house. I raise my gun up but with my finger off the trigger. I make my way over to side of the house and I come out my hiding  place to see Maggie with a gun in her hand. She lets out a sigh when she sees me but when she sees the blood on my shirt she looks worried just a bit. "Cody are you alright ?" She asks me and I slowly nod my head.

That's when I look behind me to see three men running this way. I try to shoot them only to find out that I have no bullets left in my gun. Maggie grabs my hand and we both begin to run. That's is until I fall. Maggie comes back for me and helps me up. "Look go to the infirmary!" She screams at me and I do as I'm told and run away. When I get there I open the door only to get a knife to the throat. "It's just me!" I scream at the person the girl nods her head then shuts the door. I walk into the main room to see Denise. Sitting down on the floor. With blood on her hands. "Denise are you ok?" I ask her. She looks up to stare at me. She stands up and pulls me into a hug. Me and her are best friends. "I'm so glad your ok Cody." She tells me. The next I know is I see Jessie,Ron, and Sam run in.     Sam runs to me and hugs me and Jessie does the same thing.      

"Are you alright." I ask Jessie and she slowly nods her head.    "When I came back outside I couldn't find you but Maggie told me you were here so I grabbed Ron and Sam and we came here." She tells me.      I nod my head and bring her closer.    I look at Ron and he just keeps looking down.    I walk over to him.     

"Ron are you alright?" I ask him.     He looks up at me with tears in his eyes.       "I almost died today." He tells me.     I  pull him into a hug and he cry's into my shoulders.        "How many more of them are out there?" Denise asks Jessie       
     "I.....I  don't know." She tells me.           The only person I know in here besides Denise is Tera.      I only met her once.      "We need to stay in here until someone else tells us otherwise." Jessie says and we all nod our heads.

(One hour later)

Everyone has left besides me and Denise. I look at her kinda of worried. "Hey are you alright?" I ask her. She looks up at me and nods her head. "Denise I've known you for awhile. Long enough to know when your lying." I tell her. She lets out a sigh then looks at me. "I couldn't save that girl over there. She died because I couldn't save her. I tried but I was to late." She tells me. I let out a sigh. "Hey at least you tried. That's all that matters. You tried to save her. You did a good job." I tell her. She smiles at me and then pulls me in for a hug. "Thanks Cody." She tells me and I nod my head. "Do you mind if I take a shower here I need to get all this stuff off of me?" I ask her and she nods her head. I thank her then go up stairs and walk into the bathroom. I get in the shower and run the hot water.    When the dry blood begins to wash off my body I watch it go down the drain.      That's when I begin to break down again. I killed people.  

.......

This chapter was short but I'll try to make the next one longer.