Twice As Far Part 2

Cody's POV
I just lay in bed. I don't do anything but just stare out the window. This all I've done for the last two days. I'm gonna go on a run today. I get up and then I get in the shower. It felt good to be under the water. When I got out I put on so blue jeans, a white t shirt and a black hoodie on. I run down into the kitchen to see Carl and Jake. Jake is Carl's boyfriend. Jake was with the group when they were at the prison. He has a younger brother named Jason. They both seem cool. Jake is 16 and Jason is 13. They both are really nice.

"Hey Carl do you know where your dad is?" I ask him. He nods his head. "Yeah him and Daryl went outside to talk on the porch he'll be back inside soon." Carl tells me. I nod my head. "So jake how have you been?" I ask him with a smile. He smiles back at me. "Oh I'm going fine thanks for asking." He tells me I nod my head. "Where's Jason?" I ask him. "Oh he's playing with Ron." He tells me. I nod my head once again. That's when Rick walks into the kitchen. "Oh good your awake." He tells me. I smile at him. "Hey I wanted to come talk to you." I say walking back up stairs to our room. I grab my two guns and strap the holster around my thighs. "Um do you plan on going somewhere?" He asks me. I nod my head. "Yeah um I wanted to tell you that I'm going on a run." I tell him. He lets out a sigh. "Cody I don't really think you should go out there." He tells me.

"Rick I'm fine I just had a little freak out. Trust me." I tell him with a small smile. He lets out a sigh. "Fine but I want you to take somebody with you." He tells me. I let out a sigh. "Fine I will." I say walking over to him and wrapping my arms around him. "I love you." He tells me. I freeze up again. I pull away with a small smile. "I'll see you later." I say with a smile and before another word can be said I run down the stairs and out of the house.

Carl's pov
"Um dad where is Cody going?" I ask my father as he comes down the stairs. He lets out a sigh. "He's going on a run won't be back for awhile." He tells me. I slowly nod my head. "Hey are you ok?" Jake asks me grabbing my hand. I look up at him and I smile. "Yeah I'm fine." I say then I bring my lips to his.

Cody's POV
I'm walking down the street and then that's when i see Daryl and Rosta. I smile just a little. I walk over to them. "Hey Daryl, Rosta are you two doing anything today?" I ask them. Rosta shakes her head no. "Nah I don't got shit to do. Why ya wanna know?" He asks me. I smile a bit bigger. "I'm going on a run and I wanted to know if y'all wanted to come with me." I tell them both. "I don't know I mean you haven't even been out there that long." He tells me. I let out a sigh. "Look Rick asked me to ask someone to go with me if you don't want to come you don't have to I can go by myself." I tell them. They look at each other then they both nod their heads. "Alright we'll come with ya. Is there anything you really needed?" He ask me. I nod my head. "Yeah there is I want a sword and I know just the two places where I can get one." I tell them. They both look at me like I'm crazy. "You want to go out there for a sword?" Rosta asks me. "Yes I want one." I tell her. They both nods their heads and I smile.

....
We're all in a car now. The first place we're going is this dollar general store it's only a ten minute drive from here. We pull up to the store and we all file out. We walk up to the doors to see them chained up. Daryl breaks the chains off and then looks at me. "You stay back until we clear it out." He tells me. I let out a sigh. I nod my head. He nods then he and Rosta both walk in. After two minutes they both come out. "Alright it's all clear." Daryl tells me. I smile. We All walk in and we shut the doors behind us. It's not that dark in here. "We check this place out and I think I saw a shot load of cans over there." He points off someplace.
"We'll then you and Rosta go over there and get all you can." I tell them. They both nod their heads then walks over there but then Daryl comes back and gets a cart. I smile as he rolls away with the cart. I knew the owner of this store. He had a sword just like michonne's in the safe behind the counter. I go behind the counter to see the safe broken. Dam it! Someone must have broken into the safe. Well shit. I let out a sigh. Well that is until I see some candy. I unzip my bag and I look at all the candy. I'm going to take all these Dan chocolate bars. I just pour them in there. Twixs, kitkats, Hershey's and a whole lot more of them. I love chocolate and who knows when the next time I'll come across some chocolate. All together I have 100 chocolate bars. After twenty minute Daryl and Rosta come out with two carts filled with canned food. "You two got quite a lot." I say shocked at how much was really in there. Daryl nods his head. "Yeah there was a whole lot of shit up in there." Daryl tells me. I nod my head as I get in the back of the car. "You didn't find the sword?" He asks me. "No the safe was broken into." I tell him. He just nods his head.