Chapter 1

Several years ago....
Cobalt's POV
What is that strange power? It feels...dangerous.
I made my way to the center of the woods, to find a young boy clutching his head in agony. I stayed concealed in the bushes, curious yet scared.
Colin's POV
M-my head is in so much pain! I have to stop the evil that's consuming me! I started to cast a soul transmutation spell, using it to extract my soul from my body to another's close by. My vision went white...
Cobalt's POV
I saw a bright light leave the boy's body, coming straight towards me. All I could do was blink in surprise....
Drake's POV
A few hours later...
What..just...happened? Why do I feel so...strange? I looked down at my hands and arms. My left arm was human, but my right arm was black and slightly clawed. I stood up carefully and looked in a puddle on the ground. My face was half human and half monster! I started freaking out, and my head started to hurt. There was a flash of light...and I blacked out as I felt my body tear in two...
Colin's POV
I woke up, lying on the ground completely confused as to what happened. I looked around, and noticed a young monster looking dazed as well. I noticed it was an enderman, one of the creatures created by Notch. His eyes were the color of a polished amethyst. His ears were pointed like an elf's. His skin was as black as pitch. Our eyes made contact and we tried to speak.
"Who are-"
"What did you-"
"Did I-"
"Did we-"
"Did we just..."
"Fuse?"
We stared at each other with disbelief. Neither of us could truly comprehend what had happened. I decided to start fresh with this enderman.
"*Ahem*...Uh..hi. My name is Colin." I said awkwardly.
"M-my name is Cobalt." he said.
"So, um..." I couldn't think of what else to say. Cobalt beat me to the punch.
"Why did you fuse with me?"
"I really didn't intend to. The soul transmutation spell attaches a soul to the closest being. I didn't have a choice of who I fused with. Now our souls are bound together by the spell magic. I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about that."
Cobalt shook his head.
"I guess it really doesn't matter now." He looked me in the eyes.
"Have you ever performed a fusion before?"
I shook my head no. "This was my first attempt at this kind of magic. I'm surprised it was successful."
Cobalt looked away. "D-do you think we could...try fusing again? It was kinda..cool."he said shyly.
I smiled a bit. "Y-yeah. It felt cool to actually form something entirely new."

I grabbed his hand and stood up. I spun him towards me and my arms wrapped around him in an embrace. We smiled and laughed as our bodies, souls, and minds became one to form the person I had left my old notebook hidden for......Drake.

With that, it was the start of a brand new life and a brand new friendship.