Chapter 19

Rosestar's POV

I watched Drake as he left the room. When he left my field of sight, I sighed in exhaustion as I fell back onto the pillow.

'Geez' I thought to myself. 'First my town is destroyed, then I nearly end up dying from some white-eyed person, and now I'm stuck here while the world is going to shite.'

I shut my eyes. I felt helpless and frail. Like I couldn't do anything. I fought back against that man all for nothing. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I thought of my home. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder and I quickly sat up.

It was Drake. He held an apple and half a loaf of bread in his hand.

"Here" he said, extending the food to me.

"Th-thanks." I replied as I took the food from his hand.

He sat down at the edge of the bed as I bit into the piece of bread. His purple and blue eyes regarded me with curiosity as I ate.

"So, I was just wondering...ah...why are you called Rosestar?" Drake asked suddenly.

I stopped eating and looked at him.

'He really wants to know?'

I took a deep breath. "Well when I was born, it was the Year of the Nether Star. It was a time when the entire galaxy could be seen from the naked eye and the stars were at their brightest. On the night I was born, there was one star in particular that shone a brilliant red with a pink solar aura around it. Astronomers called it the 'Rose Star' because it looked like a blooming rose. My parents saw it as a sign that one day I would be as beautiful and deadly as the rose itself. So that's why I'm called Rosestar."

He smiled. "I like that name."

I could feel my cheeks burn from his compliment. I quickly bit into the loaf again.

"When you've fully recovered, what are you going to do?" Drake asked, suddenly becoming serious.

I looked back at him.

"I..I don't know." I sighed in defeat. "My home and my family are gone. I don't have anywhere to go. I.....I'm all I have left. I'm alone."

I brought my knees to my chest, closed my eyes and silently cried. I felt a pair of arms circle me and was brought close to a warm body. Drake was hugging me gently as his right hand softly stroked my head. For the first time in days, I felt safe. I stopped sobbing as I looked at Drake. His eyes had a soft shine as he met my sad gaze.

"Rosestar, you don't have to be alone. You can come with me and my friends. We're fighting to protect Minecraftia. Will you come with us?" he begged.

I nodded.
"Anything to get revenge for my family."