Chapter 16

-Keystones are finally over!!! Whoop whoop!! Btw I decided to get in the story myself! My name will be Rosestar. My weapon is a spiked chain like in my drawing.

*And now back to our regularly scheduled story*

Drake's POV
So I had to explain everything that happened to Grayson, Mia, and even Luke wanted to know. I faced a lot of shouted hysterics from Grayson(sometimes I call him 'Papacrown' under my breath). With all the screaming out of the way, we packed up our camp. As I was loading up my backpack with my new armor, I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I looked up and saw the purple haired Luke.

"Hey." he said.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I'm coming with you." he stated bluntly.

"W-what? Are you sure?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I've been thinking about what you said last night. About the Empire. I can see now that you're right about them. Grayson was right to steal that egg. The Empire really doesn't care about its citizens. I'm going to stand by you and fight. I plan to remake the Empire as a fairer society. Long story short, I'm coming with you."

I smiled. "The more the merrier."

<Time skip brought to you by Medicus?>

We were walking along a gravel path in a large, dense forest. As you may not have guessed yet, we're lost. Grayson checked his map of the Badlands, Mia looked at her compass, and Luke was arguing with Grayson. I rolled my eyes and told everyone I was going to go look for some berries. I went to the right of the path and entered deeper into the forest. I needed an excuse to get away from all of them for a few minutes.

'I might as well look for berries while I'm away.' I thought to myself.

I began to scrounge around some bushes for any berries when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flicker of something red. I pushed away some of the foliage.....

......and found a girl.

The girl looked to be unconscious, laying down on the ground and not moving. I took a few steps closer and noticed a large, jagged tear in her side. Blood was trickling down from it, and the flesh around it was torn and an angry red color. 

'It must've not been treated yet.' I thought. 'How could she go so long with it like that?'

I studied the girl a little closer. She had asymmetrical brown hair with a red streak in the front with a splash of freckles on her cheeks. She wore a red cape around her shoulders. She had a dark grey dress with a red rose on the bottom of the dress skirt. She had a red top and a dark grey bodice. Her shoes were black and red with woven laces like her bodice. Next to her on the ground laid a spiked chain weapon in a heap. I knew what I had to do. I sprinted back to the group as fast as I could. Thankfully, they were still in the same spot.

"Hey uh, Grayson?" I asked.

"What?" he replied, not looking away from the map.

"I have to tend to something at my house. It'll take a while so don't wait up for me. I'll just teleport to you when I'm done."

Grayson nodded. "Yeah man just take your time."

I internally fisted the air in triumph as I ran back to the injured girl. I hooked her weapon onto my belt as I held her gingerly in my arms. I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked so delicate, like a flower. I cleared my thoughts as I teleported to my home on top of the mountain.

<Time skip brought to you by Macho Man Randy Savage>

I gently laid her down on my bed as I gathered some healing potions and supplies. I set them down on my bedside table. The realization of what I had to do next hit me like a stone. I had to break apart into Colin and Cobalt for a second to think about this....

Cobalt's POV

I opened my eyes quickly and looked at Colin. He had a frantic expression on his face.

"W-what do we d-do?! I mean, we gotta heal her, but we have to remove her dress! Will it seem like we're pervs?! I don't know what to do, man!!" Colin screeched.

I did the one thing I knew that brought him to his senses: I slapped his face.

"Uuhh....OW?!" he exclaimed.

"Get a hold of yourself. If we're going to heal her, we do it now. We'll worry about her reaction when she wakes up, ok?"

He seemed to calm down a bit when I said that.

"Ok."

We refused together and began our medical magic.