Chapter 22

Rosestar's POV
"I was born on January 30th, Year of the Nether Star. My father gave me a tiny baby sized wooden smithing hammer and my mother gave me a zombie plush she made. They cared for me so much, even when my brother Washington was born 3 years later. My parents loved us both equally. When I turned 5, Father began to teach me about metal smithing and the ways of the forge. Mom even taught me how to use all types of weapons. My brother and I would explore the forest next to the village, pretending to be on an adventure. Our friends would join us everyday and we would play with wooden swords our father made for all of us. When I became 8, things really took a strange turn. I was playing with my brother and our friends when I heard whispering. I followed the voice into the forest. I ended up deep in the forest, completely lost. I was scared and upset. I suddenly saw an orange glow. I made my way towards it and found a strange shrine. It was a gold pillar with nether rack and flames at the top. There was a sign attached to it.
'Sacrifice to Him'
I didn't feel good about it, but I decided to touch it out of childhood curiosity. A flash of scary images swept through my head, along with a quick glimpse of two white eyes. I ran as fast as I could back out of the forest crying, leaving my wooden sword behind at the shrine. I showed it later to my father, where he destroyed it with his diamond battle axe. While I felt safe, I had a strange feeling that all was not well. As I grew older, I kept having nightmares. Each time ending with the pair of white eyes surrounded in darkness. That didn't stop me from training and smithing. I could craft a sword with an intricate hilt at age 11. I could wield a ball and chain weapon at 12. Now I'm a fully trained blacksmith and warrior at age 16. Sadly, the consequences of my childish actions caught up to me. It was only a few nights ago. Our village burned to the ground. Demons slaughtered everyone in sight. I managed to hide, but I wish I didn't. All I could do was watch as my mother, father, and brother were killed by a white eyed monster. And it was all because of me. As I held my younger brother's corpse in my arms I made a promise. I swore that I would avenge my village and my family."