Chapter One

Song: Faded
Song artist: Alan Walker
Dedicated to: hoodie_life and LadyVeniceMaria

I will walk by faith, even
when I cannot see...

"Aura Starr"
Editing made by me

~Chapter One: The Ball~

My grandmother always said that out there on the other side of this massive and complicated world, a chamber buried under the ground was a monster. A monster that once roamed freely millions of years ago. She also said that one of our ancestors was responsible for capturing the beast.

I always thought that she was only being delusional, but my mind was changed for me when a horrific news strucked my family.

"Your grandma is gone". My mom's quivering voice said.

Nobody really knew what happened to her. All they know is that she went into the woods one day for a run (even for her old age) and never came back.

No traces of blood or even a scent that can lead to her, she just disappeared!

And that left me to believe that maybe the 'monster' was back and now seeking revenge on our family. Well that's just the five year old me would think.

But over time, my intuition grew deeper when my parents started being frantic and overprotective, not letting me out of the house without someone tailing behind me like a dog (pun not intended, ok sort of ).

But maybe half of the reason of their sudden behavior was because of me showing signs of, how should I say it? Powers?

Even for a werewolf having the ability to talk to the animals of the wild was not very common.

Or the fact that I have the power of telling if you're lying by just listening to your heart beat, because of my super super advanced hearing.

But I tend to not use those powers. Any mortal would have killed to have the powers that I posses, but having these extraordinary abilities has its disadvantages. Strangers tend to mistake me as a werewolf/witch spawn, kids in school stirred clear from my path as if any second I will pounce at them, which led me desperately asking my parents if I can quit school and just go with home schooling.

One kid from elementary even made up this story that I lived in this swamp land and that I came from an egg!

Ridiculous but they're just being normal kids -well as normal as you can get when you're a freakin' werewolf-

Every night I image myself as a little girl again, recalling the memories that I actually want to remember. Memories sometimes turn into nightmares, they hunt you at night but you couldn't run away. It's inside you, inside your head, forever stuck in there.

Me and my grandma were very close, she was my first best friend, she always lend me the best advices, and she's always there when I needed her. I practically grew up with the old lady, so having her suddenly disappear made me broken so much.