Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter dedicated to...LaisieAndrews and sickromancefreak101

Check out then soundtrack above, 'Apollo 69' by Goblins From Mars....

"Always find a reason to laugh. It may
not add years to your life. But
will surely add life to your years"

~Chapter Twenty-Nine: Hope For The Best And Expect For
The Worst~

A scream pierced through the happy laughter surrounding the room.

Then another.

And another.

Cole and Michael barged into the room. Both out of breath. "Cole, what i-

"The border lines are destroyed, some shops are already in flames, all woman and children are already inside the pack house Alpha". Cole hurriedly said.

"Alpha, we are under attack!". Chloe went past Cole and Michael, holding the hands of Popey, Ella, and Seb. Ella and Popey have tears running down their faces while Seb hugged them both.

"Scary. Horse. Man". Ella hiccupped. Ceous carried Popey in his arms and tried his best to calm her down, while Tes and Aidan took cared of Seb and Ella.

"Gather all of our soldiers, and every man in the pack". Caine ordered.

Cole and Michael nodded and rushed out the room. "Becareful!". Bridget and Mikayla shouted after them.

I fidget with my fingers. This is all my fault.

Caine,Ceous,Drake,Leo,Aidan, dad and the other men in my family made their way outside. "Wait!". I grabbed Caine's forearm, making him stop.

"Caine wait! I have something to tell you". I look pleadingly at him. He sighed.

"What is it?". I told him all about River, The Centaur king, Zeke, me going to his castle...

And yeah also the chipmunk....

"I should have told you, I didn't know that they'll be attacking now, but I guess my whole mistake of a snooping around made them attack sooner, I'm sorry". I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm not mad, I don't want us to fight, if ever anything happens, remember, I love you". I smiled. His last three words making my heart flutter. He intertwined our hands and brought it to his lips.

"I love you too". I small tear escaped my eyes. And he kissed it away, he kissed my cheeks, my forehead, my nose, and finally landed on my lips. I smiled against his lips. My hands going to the back of his head, pushing his lips closer to mine. Savoring the taste of him while it lasted.

"Bring the women and children to a safe place". I nodded. I'm not even gonna argue with him about coming. I don't want us to be having an argument at a time like this.

------

I went down the stairs, and saw all the woman and children there. Some woman were pacing around while pulling on their hair. Some children have smiles on their faces, not even knowing what was going on outside. But some kids wore frowns on their faces.

A girl noticed me and nudge her friend, soon every eyes were on me. "Aura what are we supposed to do now?". Tessa asked while carrying a sleeping Ella. Seb holding Ella's hand.