Chapter Eighteen ~ New Years

Chapter Eighteen written by: Sam

Edited by: Cody

Luke's POV

"Happy New Years!" Mali smiled, holding a plastic tray full of cookies towards me.

We'd all gathered at the Hood's place for New Years this year, Mali had called Ashely and Mikaela around to help with baking. So by four o'clock that afternoon all three of them were covered in flour, and Joy's kitchen was a mess. I helped clean, and so did Logan and Ashton. The girls seemed relieved, because they didn't have to do it all by themselves. 

"Did you make me some brownies, love?" My mum asked Mikaela, kissing her cheek.

"Of course I did, Liz." Mikaela laughed, wiping flour off of her hands.

Lauren and Harry ran around the living room hitting each other with Joy's old throw pillows. Calum and Mali had gotten had gotten her new one so it didn't really matter. 

"Thank you guys for helping, we really appreciate it." Ashley said.

"No problem, we're probably going to eat it anyway." Logan laughed wiping the counter off.

"Dinner should be ready in an hour." Mikaela said.

"Everyone into the livingroom! We have something we need to talk about!" Mali said.

Mali had spent Christmas with her boyfriend Josh's family, so they decided to spend New Years with us. Mali shushed us, and took Josh's hand. I glanced around, everyone was here. My mum, brothers, Mikey, Mickey and their parents parents Karen and Daryl, Ashley, Logan, Cal and Mali and their parents Joy and David, Josh, Ash, Lauren and Harry and their mum, Anne.

Our whole, weird little family. Mickey, Lauren, Ashley and I sat on the floor in front of the couch while, my brothers Jack and Ben sat on it with Logan and Ashton. Michael sat on the left arm, beside Ashton and Harry sat on Ashton's lap. Joy, David, Karen, Daryl and my mum stood on the opposite sides of the couch in small groups, the mums on the left, the dads on the right.

"Alright out with it Mali-Koa," Joy said her arms crossed over her chest, probably assuming she was pregnant, or addicted to cocaine.

"Well," Mali looked over at Josh, he nodded in support. "We're getting married!"

There was silence, what felt like an eternity before everyone errupted in cheers, including Joy and David. Joy and David loved Josh like he was their own, so hearing about Mali and Josh getting married made them so happy. Plus, Josh was good for Mali, and they made a fucking cute couple. I smiled at her and congratulated her.

"Oi!" Mikaela yelled over the commotion. "Logan and I also have announcement, though it's not as awesome, or happy. Congratulations by the way."

"Thanks," Mali smiled.

"Anyway, boys, we're sad to say that we will not have the pleasure of joining you on your next leg of the tour." All of us groaned.

"Why?" Ashton asked, looking at Logan, who was now standing at the front of the room with Mikaela.

"Because unlike you, we have normal boring people jobs that require our presences." Logan replied, sighing. "It's not like we want to be missing this, touring with you guys has been so much fun... Minus, y'know the Lauren-cheating sityation and the hospital sityation. Other than that, it was great."

"Wait, Lauren cheated on you?" Karen asked, looking at her daughter.

"And who was in the hospital?" My mum added.