Chapter Twenty Føur ~ Surprise

Hey guys, it's Cody . . . so I'm just gonna apologize for the hella long time skip you're about to see. There's no filler chapter for between this chapter and the last so I'll just clear some things up for you.

- Mikaela and Logan had their release party

- The tour finished

- Halsey moved in with Mikaela, Ashton and Logan temporarily

- Mali's pregnant

So, once again, I apologize for the time skip. Love you guys, though.

~ Three Years Later ~

Luke

I rolled over tiredly, expecting to find Michael, but I was only met with emptiness. I lifted my head off my pillow, lazily opening one eye. Michael's side of the bed was vacant, and he was no where to be found. "Mike?" I mumbled, wondering if he would respond. I was greeted with silence. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. "Babe?" I sighed. "Where'd you go?"

I threw the covers aside, and climbed out of bed. I shuffled into the hall. The apartment was incredibly silent. I passed a couple photos that were hanging on the wall. I stopped briefly to stare at them. One was of our first anniversary together. Mikaela had gladly taken the photo for us. We were at a local fair, standing in front of a Farris Wheel. Several of them were photos taken in a photo booth (we looked so stupid, but Mike insisted that we take them), a couple were from Christmas. We celebrated at Ashton's place. He and Logan had recently bought an apartment, much to Calum's displeasure. Ashley and Mikaela moved in with them temporarily until they could find a place themselves, although I doubt Mikaela will want to move away from Logan. The last one was of Michael's birthday. He had confetti all in his hair, and a bow stuck to the top. He looked absolutely ridiculous, but so adorable at the same time.

I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Michael?" I called out. "Are you home?" I turned towards the fridge, and spotted a note with messy writing.

Luke,
Had to run some errands, be home soon.

Mike
P.S. Happy Birthday Babe.

I chuckled lightly, opening the fridge door. I grabbed a bottle of water and took a long sip, before setting the bottle down on the counter. I picked up my phone and dialed my mother's number. I held the phone up to my ear, and took another sip of water. Mum let the phone ring three times before she picked up. "Hello?" her voice filled my ear.

"Hey, mum." I replied.

"LUKE! OH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I laughed.

"Thanks, mum."

"You're welcome. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"That's wonderful. How's Michael?"

"Uh, he's out, running some errands right now, but otherwise he's pretty good."

"Leave it to that boy to forget to do something." she joked.

"That's very true." I replied. "How's everything back home?"

"It's good. It's a little hectic some days, but very quite for the most part."

"Missing me?" I asked.

"Of course. You're stopping by later, right? With Michael?"

"Yes, mum. Michael and I will be there for dinner."

"Good. I miss seeing my baby."

"I'm not baby mum," I said.

"You're my baby."

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, Luke. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

"Bye sweetheart."

* * *

I turned the tap off, and wrapped a towel around me, stepping out of the shower. It was almost three in the afternoon, and I still hadn't seen Michael. I couldn't help but wonder where he was. We were supposed to be at my mum's place for five. I tried calling him earlier, but he didn't respond.

I dried my hair, and tossed the towel aside, grabbing my clothes. I pulled my jeans on, doing up the zipper. As I bent over to grab my shirt, I felt two strong arms snake around my chest. I stood up straighter. Laughter filled my ear. "Happy Birthday, baby." Michael murmured. He gently kissed the base of my neck. I smiled, and turned around in his arms, wrapping my own around his neck. I pulled him in for a kiss.

"Where'd you go?" I pouted, playfully. I rested my head against his shoulder.

"I had to pick up something." He responded.

"And you needed what? Seven to eight hours to do so?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Yes." he replied. "Trust me though, it's worth it."

"Is it?"

"Considering it's your gift, yeah, it's worth it." I looked at him.

"Do I have to wait to open it?" I asked him. He laughed, and kissed my cheek.

"Do you want to open it now?" he asked.

"Can I?"

"Yes." He let go of me and walked over to the dresser. He opened a drawer, and pulled out a small box. He handed it to me.

"This is it?" He rolled his eyes.

"Open it, Luke." I shrugged, and began tearing the paper off. I lifted the lid off.

"Wha-" I was instantly confused. "It's empty?" I looked up. "Michael, come on. What are you playing a-" I froze. Mike was on one knee, with a cocky grin on his face. In his hand was a gold band. (band meaning a wedding band for a male) I stared at him, wide eyes. "That's a ring."

"Yes, it is. And it's yours on one condition." He said. He stood slowly, matching my height. Michael leaned his forehead against mine. "Marry me. I don't care when, and I don't care how, just marry me." I reached out and lightly ran my fingers over the cool metal of the ring.

I opened my mouth to say something, but then shut it after. I was a lost for words. Michael hooked a finger under my chin, and looked right at me. "Luke," he mumbled. "Silence is either good or bad."

"T-This is a good silence." I breathed. I gripped the front of his shirt, and pulled him into me, smashing our lips together. One hand went to grip my waist, holding me tightly, while mine tangled in his hair. What seemed like hours lasted only seconds before he was pulling away.

"Is that a yes?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yes. I'll marry you." I replied. Michael's lips twitched upwards into a big smile.

"Thank god." he breathed. He too my left hand and slipped the ring onto my finger.

"What, did you think I would say no?"

"Part of me was scared that you would."

"Mikaela would have killed me." I replied, with a laugh.

"Yeah, right after Logan strangled you." he laughed with me. I rested my forehead against his.

"So . . ." I began.

"So . . . ?"

"Are you taking my name? Or am I taking yours?" I asked.

"I could care less if you decided to make Blueberries you're last name, as long as I get to call you mine forever, I'm okay."

"I don't know, Michael Hemmings has a nice ring to it."

"So does Luke Clifford."

"Hmm." I kissed the base of his neck. "Come on, Mikey. You know you want to become a Hemmings."

"Luke," he warned. "This isn't fair."

"What isn't?" I pushed him back onto the bed, and straddled his waist.

"This. You're being a tease."

"You love me." Michael beamed.

"I know."