24

// I was supposed to update yesterday but I went out and got myself completely grounded so here ya are! Let's all cry together yeah?\\

Have I ever said that news spreads around very quickly? If I haven't then I meant to. It only took a day for my whole school to find out about what happened between me and Derek, my principal said I can take as much time off as I need to 'recover' but I only took three weeks off and then I was ready to go back to school even though nothing will be the same, I'm still gonna be a freak right? Who knows.

Here I was, standing outside the doors of my school, I wasn't extremely late I knew everyone would be by their lockers, I just didn't want to go in yet. Enough stalling Kellin you can do this, it's just school after all right?

I opened the door and stepped in, "Kellin's back!" Some girl shouted making everyone in the halls pay attention to me. I got a warm welcome that's for sure, everyone wanted to know if I was okay and stuff. Pfft like they actually cared, nobody wanted to know if I was okay when they were under the impression I was drug addict but hey! Whatever floats your goat. But I knew better, I knew there was something waiting to jump out and bite me and that was the giant group of guys standing my by locker talking amongst themselves, I cleared my throat to get their attention. I felt intimidated by them all, they were very, very tall.

"That's my locker..." I said nicely,

"You do realise that you got my brother arrested right?"

I swallowed hard, never thought Derek could have siblings, I felt even more scared of these guys especially when they stood up more straight and took a step forward. I felt Mike wrap his arm around my waist and I felt more calm.

"Is there a problem here boys?" He asked Derek's brother mostly.

"Mike hi! Um no problemo here-"

"Cut the crap, your brother is a sick twisted rapist and you should be ashamed of even calling him your brother, if I even see you a meter away from my boyfriend then we're gonna have a problem got it?"

"Yes, sorry Mike. Guys lets go," what just happened? Things seem a tad bit sketchy if I say so myself. I turned to face Mike but someone else caught my eye. Then as I was about to start panicking Mikes friends surrounded me.

"Your mom didn't want you to freak out but the charges were dropped, the case is open but... He's allowed out," Mike said referring to Derek's appearance.

"He's gonna get me again..." I panicked.

"No he's not, I'm here for you and I made a few connections to watch out for you, you'll be safe okay?" I nodded and kissed him before he walked me to class.

I felt uneasy knowing he was in the same building as me, I felt like I was going the throw up. "Sir, I need to use the bathroom," I said, he nodded and handed me the pass so I didn't get in trouble, I walked down the hall hearing the foot steps behind me. "I'm just going to the bathroom, I think I'll be fine," I said loud enough.

"Mike said to keep eyes on you at all times," I rolled my eyes, it's sweet that Mike has set up this little protection program but it's not necessary.

"You're Jaime right?"

"Yes." Was all he said before opening the bathroom door for me and checking all the stalls.

"Was that seriously necessary?" I asked.

"Yes, aren't you going to use the toilet?"

"Yes but why don't you wait outside? Little privacy would be nice..." Jaime nodded and stepped outside, I sighed and looked in the mirror, I looked horrible, a mess. Things still didn't seem right, I looked down at my hands for a bit then looked back up at the mirror. "So you got my note?"

"I did, I'm surprised you of all people actually wanted to see me," he smirked.

"Don't flatter yourself, I want you to leave, disappear, fake your death, anything. I just don't want you around anymore,"

"Funny! You think I'm gonna listen to you? I'm the one who ruined your life Quinn and I'd pay to do it all over again-"

"You make me sick, you're a creep and when they put you in jail I hope the worst of all things happen to you-"

"Seriously Kellin what's the worst you could do to me, you're nothing, pathetic, my brother has my back and until the police take me away... You're mine to play with," he smirked

"Help! Help me! He's gonna hurt me please!" I shouted but quickly dragged him to the floor with me so it looked like he was trying to attack me, Jaime came in and I just watched as he beat Derek to a pulp.

"Kellin go to the principal to call the cops," Jaime said, I wasted no time in leaving the bathroom only to run right into Derek's brother.

"The principals in a meeting, go to reception," he said, was he helping me? I guess he was the good brother.

I got to reception and told her Derek tried to attack me and she just called the cops straight away then my parents.   I know it bad to lie but he deserves this he's not getting half the hassle I had to go through, he should count himself lucky! I just want justice, he needs to go down, and he will.

------

It's amazing to be able to fall asleep at night, wake up the next morning and know that Derek is behind bars, I'm free! I'm finally free I'm not scared anymore and now that I actually hang out with Mike during school I feel safe 24/7! Mike is forever worried about me and literally won't leave my side, he stays at my house and makes me stay at his when mama Fuentes needs him at home, he doesn't want to let me out of his sight and I don't want him out of mine.