An Act For Them?

The few remaining classes became the most depressing classes I have ever had.

I lost a close friend, lost my high hopes for a guy and had to go through the rest of the day.

Margaret would frown as I go by. She would turn my back on me. She even kept a distance from me as we rode home.

"Good-bye, Margi!" I waved, hoping she would wave back. She went up the stairs of her porch and slammed her front door.

"I really messed up." I muttered as I zoomed off to my house.

         --------------------------------       

Margaret peeked out the window, checking if I'm still there. No one was in sight.

She looked down, guilty. "You just lost a friend. Ugh! What have you done, Margaret Chua?"

"The right thing."

She gasped in surprise. She quickly turned around to see a figure wearing a mask.

"It was a very good decision to help me work undercover without any..." he then turned his head to the window, "distractions"

"Well, yes. I--"

"And you could've ended up like the others." He placed his hand on her shoulder as she gulped. "Ha-ha!" He turned around facing the windows covered by drapes. "Just joking! Hmm... I might just get enough money... if I..." his voice trailed on.

"I was wondering. Since, I kept your work undercover for you..."

"Mm-hmm..."

"If you could just give them back to me?"

"Mm--huh?"

"Them... t-to me."

"You want them back?"

"Yes, I could return them with me and--"

"Larry! Ace!" As a response, two muscular guys with masks, that are the same as the first one, ran to his side. "Pin her down!"

They then forced her down the couch. "Larry! Ace! Gosh! I can't believe this is how you treat a woman! Can't I just see them?"

"Listen, kiddo, you're not gonna get them 'cause they still have to pay for their mistakes! Understand?"

"Y-yes."

"Good girl." He placed his shoulder once again on Margaret. "You're good both in and out of school. Let her go, boys! Let's celebrate!"

They then hurried up the stairs to dress into something casual. Black pants, red shirt, black jacket with a hoodie over their heads and a bowler hat inside. They then ran out the door and left her alone.

She smiled as she went over to the coffee table...

Pushed it aside...

And lifted the red carpet that replaced the white one...

She just uncovered a...

        ---------------------------------

"Secret." Elliot whispered in my ear.

"Let me make this clear," I said lying on my bed of misery, "you have a secret that I'm not interested to hear, is that right?"

"Yeah!" He said, a little too enthusiastically. "It's a--"

"You're missing the point of a secret. It means you don't tell it to anyone."

"Really?"

"Yes! Now just keep your secret to yourself and leave me alone!"

"Bye-bye, Little Ellie!" He teased going out the door. "Ha-ha!"

"Ugh!"

This is a really bad day for me!