Hidden Secrets

(I skipped to very crucial parts).

May 16, 2013

Dear diary,

I just came from a vacation from the beach. The resort was called "Coral Beach Resort and Hotel". It was 50/50 on the quality. The food tasted nice and the water was warm. But the room was filled with sand, like it was never cleaned before. At the beach, everywhere you turn, you'd see garbage. And can you believe we stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights?! It's also where my parents bought me this sandy diary. Ugh... well it's better than doing nothing before I go to fourth grade next month. The fourth grade might be nice. With my best friends, Katie, Hazel and Ellie, and my parents by my side, I can go through an entirely different atmosphere.

June 12, 2013

Dear diary,

My friends and I started to get along with Maria Karta, mean but supportive and loyal, and Demi Wong, shy and likes peace. Today, Ellie was staring at a kid named, Josh Macguff in the cafeteria. We didn't know him much when he became a transferree last year. But Ellie started to... sorta... chase after him. Although Ellie likes him, she didn't really do much to actually get him to like her.

Katie and Demi giggled. I reddened in frustration. Really, Margaret? Really?!

Me? No. I'm not really interested in those lovey-dovey stuff. Well, except for a boy named, Carl.

"CARL?!" We said in unison.

He doesn't go off impressing girls or any of that stuff. He makes me laugh and when I look at him, it's like the first time.

"Aww." I said. "Beautiful words, Margi."

"Agreed." Katie said.

"Same here." Demi whispered.

I don't make too big a deal out of it like Ellie does. I just keep my chill and say a simple "hello" or "how are you?" When I arrived home that day, I had to show my parents my failing grades in my Math quiz and my Science homework. I started out slow and quickly gave them the papers. They frowned and asked me if I needed help. I accepted their help and aced my Science recitation and my Math Long Test. My four friends patted me on the back. Even Maria congratulated me... sorta. My parents congratulated me too and I finally felt pride. I was a really lucky girl.

June 15, 2013

Dear Diary,

Today was Saturday and I rode my scooter along with my two neighborhood friends. We then stopped at a playground nearby. We sat down, drank some sodas and talked. After one long hour of chatting, we were finally ready to go. I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand.

"Hey Richard!" I said. "Do you remember how to get home?" Did I tell you that I just moved in?

"No."

"How 'bout you, Tiffany?"

"Uh... I thought your Mom told you to remember."

"Oh, right!" I looked at the back of my hand where I wrote down the directions from the park to my house. It was all blurry and some ink was on my forehead.

"I'll try calling my Mom." I put the phone against my ear.

"This call will continue when a service is available."

"Great!"

"My phone's dead." Tiffany said.

"I don't have a phone." Richard said, sadly.

I sighed. "Excuse me, sir!" I called a policeman. "Can you help us?"

But it turned out I was ending up making the worst mistake of my life.