A Recording

A. N.
So sorry if I haven't updated in a while. I have a lot of things going on this summer. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story, because this is another awesome part of this story!

-------------------------------

I woke up extra early Wednesday morning. I told my Mom that if Margaret comes by, tell her that I went ahead.

I'm guessing she wanted some time alone. And that'll give me more time to settle my nerves. But my luck just ran out.

Standing right in front of me was Margaret.

I saw Katie and Hazel talking with her, holding a notebook. I came close to her when a bunch of Elliot's friends, both in preschool and gradeschool, surrounded me. They would always ask (adorably) where Elliot is. But why always at the wrong moments?

"Hi, Ellie!" Said a preschool girl holding a stuffed teddy bear. "Where's Elliot?"

"He's coming. His classes start a little later. So excuse me."

"Why do you want to leave?" She asked.

Elliot's best friend then came behind her with an action figure in his hand. "Yeah, play with us! We're bored."

They then led me to the playground. I smiled, forgetting my nervousness. This happens every time I come early. These little cuties come for the playground.

As I was playing along with the little kids, Elliot was dropped off early at school.

"Bye, Elliot!"

"Bye, Mom!" He then tilted his head as he spotted Margaret leaving the two and walking inside the building.

He followed her to a dim hallway ('cause of the few windows) and hid behind a corner. She stopped in front of an open door that trapped her in a bright, white light.

"The Science lab?" He leaned closer to hear her talking to a mystery guy in the lab.

"Here." She gave the person a notebook.

He then heard the flipping of the notebook. "Perfect!" A voice echoed from the empty halls. "And... what took you so long?!"

"S-sorry. I-I-I a-at least I g-got the procedure for you." She stuttered. "A-and snuck you in."

"Shush! Imbecile!" He then started to whisper. "Now, keep up the act, stall them as long as you can!"

"Ok."

"Now, close the door before anyone hears us!"

"But aren't you gonna get--"

"Oh nevermind!" He slammed the door shut. Margaret sighed sadly and went off to her classroom.

Elliot then pressed the "stop recording" button on his phone's camera. "I'd better show this to my sister!"

He then ran off.

"Okay, kids." I said. "I'm tired. I'll go to my friend now."

"Th-that's okay, A-A-Ate Ellie." The girl panted. "We're t-tired too."

One of the kids collapsed out of exhaustion.

"All preschoolers come inside!" Their teacher announced.

"Bye!"

"See you!"

"Alright!" I waved. "Now to find Margaret!"

I went inside and went past Elliot, practically ignoring him and ran to the classroom door.

I pushed the door open. "Oh! Margaret! You're here!" I gave out a nevous laugh as she stared at me and looked down again at her book.

I put my bag down and sat beside her. "Can't we just talk this out?"

She then looked up at me and nodded slowly.

"Okay, here." I handed the card to her. "I made this for you."

She stared at the card for a few minutes.

A tear then rolled down her cheek as one rolled down mine.

"I'm so sorry, Margi."

"Uh... I-I--"

All gradeshoolers assemble at the flagpole for our ceremony! Announced the big speakers.

"We should probably be going." She said plainly.