The Torture

June 18, 2013

Dear diary,

So, from that day forth, I was a maid in the house. I did the chores, bought groceries (disguised as an old lady) and cooked meals for him, his henchmen and me.

He told me to feed Tiffany, Richard and the 2 other kids in the basement just a bowl of oatmeal every morning.

"Basement?" I asked. "She doesn't have a basement."

"Maybe she'll mention where it is later." Katie said.

He feeds on the misery of others. Disobeying his instructions, I secretly slipped a big breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday.

Yesterday, he went down there just to fire his gun at them. I cried in the inside as I listened to their cries. Not only that, but I peeked through a hole of the basement door and saw him kicking and punching them (just for his amusement) and left them there to weep. He then went out the door to treat himself to a beer or something. I went down to see my friends and the two other kids badly bruised. I untied them and helped them up the stairs.

As they sat there in the living room, I gave them food and found some medicines to treat their wounds and bruises.

Our cellphones were taken away from us and he broke it into little pieces to make us isolated.

And this morning, he spotted me making a large amount of breakfast. He suddenly fired his gun at my right leg to get down and slapped me on the face.

"What did I tell you?!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I cried.

"If this ever happens again, the same thing will happen. But worse, you understand?!"

"Yes! Yes!" Tears started rolling down my face.

"Now go upstairs!"

I went upstairs crying. I sat there on my bed, massaging my thigh.

I wept quietly.

I missed my family. I missed my friends. I missed my Carl.

That's when I sparked an idea so I could go back to school. I went downstairs again and thoroughly explained that if I don't go to school, people will get suspiscious.

He nodded and agreed that we'll all go to school starting tomorrow.

I cheered. I'll see my friends again and my Carl!

Anyways, what I'm doing right now, is writing in my diary. On my bed lay Tiffany, Richard, Angela and Keighl (yes, I know their names). The guy went out for a smoke with his henchmen again and is not yet back. And can you believe he let me keep my diary after he got everything valuable from my bag.

But what he doesn't know, is that this diary is so valuable for him to overlook it. It will treasure my feelings and thoughts about this cruel and dangerous man that tortures kids!

"D-dangerous?!" Demi asked, gulping. I couldn't help but feel scared myself. We're dealing with a dangerous criminal and we're just five girls.

June 20, 2013

Dear Diary,

I had to lie! I lied to Ellie about moving here... I lied to everybody. I even lied about the guy being my dad. My family and the families of my friends and the other kids were captured because they couldn't afford the ransom. I'd cry almost every night. But I needed to hold it in because I am now responsible for taking care of my 4 friends and working as a "cover agent".

July 2, 2013

Dear Diary,

Since I have a lot of things to do I barely have time for freetime.

July, 30, 2013

Dear Diary,

See what I mean?

"Wait, wait, wait." I said. "Since he's the criminal around here, maybe Hazel's cousin might be here too!"

"Hazel said she's been kidnapped last week so... I'll turn to last week." Katie said as she started to flip through the pages. "2014, no... 2015? No... ah! 2016!"

Just then, the door creaked open. Katie quickly switched off her flashlight and we all hid.

Demi hid in the closet, Katie hid under the desk and I hid under the bed.

It was Margaret!

I tried not to make a sound.

She then turned on the switch. "Why's my diary open?" She asked to herself.

Then I heard a whisper, "Ate Ellie!" I screamed and got out from under the bed. "What the-- Elliot?"

Margaret just looked at me with a weak smile, holding the diary. "Now you know my story."