At The Basement

Margaret's POV (surprise!)

"Where's Ellie?" I asked as we hid in the kitchen. "I could've sworn I saw-- Elliot!"

Elliot was outside of the kitchen window, his face wet with tears. I opened it and let him inside. "Elliot? Elliot!"

"W-w-w-what?" He managed to say between hiccups.

"Where's your Ate?"

"She's-she's... they..." he started.

"Come on! Tell us--"

The front door suddenly opened and in came the two henchmen.

"Larry, faster! We got a job to do!" Commanded Ace.

"Yeah, yeah." Larry replied as he reluctantly carried three sacks in. "Why do I have to carry them?!"

"Because I'm older. Hence, more mature. Hence, you'll do everything. Come!"

"I bet Ellie, Hazel and Maria are in there." Katie whispered.

"But there could be other stuff, right?" Demi muttered.

"Well I doubt that they're sacks of rice."

"So, what's the plan?" I interrupted both of them. "Maybe we can-- ELLIOT!" Before I realized it, Elliot was riding on the back of Larry. "What are you--" He placed his finger on his thin lips to signal us quiet.

Larry pushed a table aside and also a red carpet. It revealed the basement door. "Go down there and give the master what he wants, I'll stay out here and cover it up again."

"Ok, Ace."

"Come on!" I whispered. "We have to follow Elliot!" So, as agile as a cat, we slipped in without Ace noticing.

"Huh?" He said from the outside. "What was that?"

We stopped in our tracks as Larry proceeded on his.

"Hm... oh well."

I sighed, relieved. We descended down the stairs and I noticed light at the bottom. "Wait!" I whispered. "They might see us!"

Instead of going to that one single light source that hung from the ceiling, we emerged into darkness. We saw my friends, Keighl and Callie crying quietly. I cried with them. Everytime I'd even see them, I'd feel the pain.

"Larry, set them down!" The guy in the mask commanded. 2 years with this psycho and I never knew his name or what he looked like.

"Yes, sir." He set the sacks down and opened them one by one. He stepped back.

The masked guy looked inside as he grinned from ear to ear. "Lock 'em up!" He yelled. "They just might be worth something." He glanced at them once more. "Well... except for that girl." He pointed towards Ellie. "Return her immediately!"

"Why, boss?"

"Just obey my orders!"

"Ye-yes! Of course!"

"Oh no!" I exclaimed. "They're gonna go after Hazel and Maria's families next!"

"What are we gonna do?!" Katie asked.

"HEY!"

We gasped. Oh no! He spotted us...

I think.

"Get off of me!"

"Nah, nah!" Elliot teased as he blindfolded Larry with his blanket.

"What the-- Larry!"

"Sorry master, I can't--" He then tripped on Callie and headed straight for their boss.
"Watch out, you nincom--"

They crashed together on the ground. The noise woke everyone up. I gasped as I noticed the mask on the ground. Mumbles and whispers soon filled the room.

The guy stood up and the room fell silent. He turned around to face us.

Ellie was the first to gasp. "Dad?!"