Alone.

JACK POV

*FLASHBACK*

I stared down the barrel of the gun, I wasn't scared. I had done this to myself multiple times and I never had the guts to pull the trigger. This whimp wouldn't do anything. But there was a crazy look in his eyes.

"Heh, I don't even care," He said with a smug look on his face. I heard the bullet fire, but I didn't feel it until I hit the ground. Pain exploded in my stomach, I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to do, Mark was crying and hugging me close. I felt my blood slowly draining out of me, Mark was freaking out.

"M-Mark please stop," I couldn't see straight anymore, Mark's flaming hair was turning into splotches of black and blue. Dots clouded my vision, I felt as if cottonballs were stuffed in my ears. I didn't want to except that I was dying, that Mark would never know how much I really cared for him. Tears trickled down Mark's face and dripped onto my shirt. I shivered, my hands were growing numb as Mark yelled something about paramedics. He grabbed my face and screamed at me. I felt to woozey to consentrate or care in that matter. Wait... why am I here again? What's happening? Why is everything dark? Hello? Mark?

MARK POV

"Jack's gonna be fine?" I asked the doctor, it had been weeks since the shooting and Jack had been totally out of it most of the time.

"Now, Mark... he is very far from fine, were you not listening at all to me? Jack had gotten shot in the stomach but since the bullet went straight through, it shattered his spinal chord. The chances of him being able to walk on his own two feet again.... they're very slim," the doctor said, her eyes avoided mine.

"B-but there's still a chance... right?" I stuttered.

"Please Mr. Fischbach, we are trying our hardest.. but there are no promises," She turned on her heels and ushered me into the room. I was shocked at the sight of him. He looked horrible, he had bags underneath his eyes. He was hooked up to a heart monitor. He strained a smile.

"M-Mark?" He whispered, he looked like such shit... oh my god. I shuttered as I stood at his bedside. He looked up at me with his ocean blue eyes. They looked so freighted, so innocent. Nothing like the boldness I saw a few weeks ago. I mustered a smile.

"Hey Jack-a-boy, how's it going?" I asked but then noticed how dickish I sounded. He frowned at me, his eyebrows drewn together. He looked pissed

"Oh just fucking great Mark," His Irish accent leaked through when he said my name.

"L-look I'm sorry that was the wrong thing to say," I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. "I just wanna say, I'm glad you're alive," I gulped nervously, I felt like this was all my fault.

"I'm not," Jack muttered.

"What did you just say? Did I just fucking hear that, Jack, you are one of the only people who keep me sane around here, don't ever say that shit again," I growled. He stared at the wall.

"Did you hear the news Mark?" He put on a fake smile. " I'm never gonna be able to use my fucking legs again... awesome... just great," His voice cracked a bit, I knew he was about to cry.

"They said there might be a chanc-,"

" NO YOU KNOW WHAT MARK I DON'T EVEN FUCKING CARE ANYMORE," He screamed at me and burst into tears. I wrapped myself around him as he sobbed into my shoulder.

"Shhh, it'll be alright," I drew circles in his back, I didn't care about the people who stopped and looked at us in the doorway. He cried harder and gripped onto my t-shirt, curling his fists up and grabbing hold of the fabric.

JACK POV/////

"I-i love you Mark," I thought too myself, because I didnt have the guts too say it outloud.

WHOOPS MY BAD THIS CHAPTER WAS FUCKING SAD AF. DON'T HATE ME!!! STAY ALIVE |-/